Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Runtime Error 63 Bad Record Number

Started by fordman, April 20, 2009, 09:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

I'm getting a Runtime Error '63' Bad Record Number Error. This has only happened 2 times, then the computer goes into a Physical Dump. I have checked the hard disk with CHDSK and it seems to be ok. I also swapped out some memory to see if that was an issue. I also did a complete re-install of XP. Same issue.

I'm using E-Touch 5.00

Any Thoughts?

Fordman

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

E-Touch is playing in Random Mode, it will play a few tunes, then the errorr occurs. No addition of any new hardware or anything. I have been adding songs. I have checked all the ID3 tags, but nothing seems to be out of place. I dont have any videos or karaoke. As I have read the UPdates on BYOAC Forum, it seems that this was a bug in the past but seems to have ben fixed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the time,

Fordman

fordman

I think I may have solved my issue. I accidently erased my 'Fanart' folder. I was trying to copy it, but sausage fingers me, accidently deleted the file. I didnt replace it. When E-Touch would start up, Fanart was checked on the 'Button Settings' section. I believe E-Touch was looking for the Fanart folder, but couldnt find it because it wasnt there.

I unchecked the Fanart folder and after about 6 hours, no 'Runtime Error '63' Bad Record Number' problems.

I'll be replacing my Fanart folder sometime today. Then I'll re-check the Fanart option and see what happens.

Thanks,

Fordman

Barcrest

Fanart shouldn't give a bad record number though... I think this error is linked to the elusive error 52. Basically it seems like there are 2 errors that bomb out freebox but there is no set way to recreate them. I need to creat a special debug version for the beta testers to try and see what i can find out.

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

I re-checked Fanart without the Fanart folder. After 3 songs, the Error occured again. So I then restarted E-Touch and without unchecking Fanart after 5 songs it did it again. Then again another re-start of E-Touch, unchecked Fanart, after 6 songs, no error as of yet.

Maybe you could move your Fanart folder to a different directory and leave Fanart checked to try an re-create the problem?

Maybe it's some sort of bug  ???

I'll keep trying to re-create and then un-create the issue.

Thanks,  :beer
Fordman

Barcrest

Yeah i will check with the fanart directory moved and see if i can recreate it. If i can i can fix it... That will be another one down.

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

I installed E-touch on another computer. I checked the Fanart Folder, but removed the folder from the E-Touch directory. Same result! Runtime Error 63 Bad Record Number. I replaced the folder, put some .jpg's in there and checked Fanart in the Buttons settings and all is OK. I'm only using build V5.0.0 as I dont have access to the V5 builds (I think you know how I got this V5.0.0 build). So hopefully this is just small quirk and can be fixed.

Hopefully this fixes my problem and hopefully helped you debug a little! :beer

Thanks for the time,

Fordman ;D

Barcrest

Ah yes, the old leaked V5.... Leaked by me   :D

That error is probably fixed then as i am now on V5.00.4 Beta 2 but i will double check.

Jukebox Stats...