Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Keyboard Usage

Started by ohhell, September 18, 2009, 12:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohhell

I set this up on a laptop to run at partys, is there any way it could be setup to use the keyboard instead of the mouse and the on screen keyboard to input searches?
The touchpad on a laptop sucks for this!

fordman

Go to the Options and you will find the Key Settings

Give it a whirl and see what happens!

:beer

Fordman

ohhell

You misunderstand, I would like to use the keyboard to type in my search, instead of the on screen keyboard display.  The keymapping configs only allow certain functions to be mapped to a certain key.
I just want to be able to type in my search using the keyboard on the laptop instead of the mouse!

fordman

OH, my mistake!  :tommy

I dont think that is possible since this is primarily used for a Touchscreen setup. But there may be a way to do, but none that I am aware of right now.

:beer

Fordman

bzpilot

I know it's not exactly what you want but I'd suggest using a wireless usb mouse.  You can pick one up for under $20.  Also one with a scroll wheel should be able to be set up to though the key mapping to be able to scroll through your library.

Barcrest

You can't use a keyboard to enter text sorry.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ohhell

Well it might be a nice option for down the road!

fordman

Well, I think the point is 'Touchscreens' as most of us have touchscreens for use in our jukes. Mine is 100% keyboard and mouse free.

But, who knows, if alot of people want it, Barry will add it!

Fordman

Bondy

I agree with fordman

Barry has made Freebox/E-Touch for more the touch screen side of things.

Seriously Ohhell i no touch screen's can be a bit pricey and sometimes a litle hard to get hold of but if you really wonna cool juke box then im my opinion touch screen is the way to go.

Using a keyboard and mouse with this program kinda defeats the object.

What Dont Kill Me Only Makes Me Stronger ..... !!

Woody

I have my juke under the bar hooked to a flat screen tv behind the bar, I use a wireless mouse on the bar
and nobody has any problems with that.

Woody 

ohhell

wireless mouse will def be in use at my next party.
this is the 4th jukebox program i have tried out, I really liked the way pc jukebox worked but the support really sucked, it would work with the keyboard, allowing you to type in for searches.  This program has a lot of features that pc jukebox didnt have thats why i switched to this one.

Barcrest

A lot of those keyboard shortcuts are legacy from when i was going to allow the jukebox to operate off buttons as well as a touchscreen. I figured it was too much work to add that and I gave up with the limited implimentation we have here and to be honest I can't see my developing the keyboard side of things any further.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...