Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

jukeblaster pro trouble

Started by jukejohn, April 03, 2011, 11:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukejohn

with my mission to try and find a cheap way of coin meching my jukebox
over much humming and aring and knowing i would carry the guilt of being a traitor [lol]i had no choice but to buy jukeblaster pro i thought well dam it go for it allthough it hasnt got the same options as etouch it doesnt look that bad so i put a offer in on ebay and 2 days later it arived
know correct me if you think i was wrong but had more or less a argument [well more on my side then his i was pissed of] online in his forum [AGAIN]he claims its the nearest thing you will get to a pub style pro jukebox which with his fash player demo atraction and customizable attract features the dude has got it right was observing a sound leisure in the pub last night and its clear to see were he got his ideas from[very cool]however was aware of his naff title card style selection but just have to make a sacrifice for my cheap coin mech juke anyhow i went bloody poty i loaded it on set up a tempory librarey and after a lot of messing about couldnt get any vids to play on my big screen something that over the last year ive got to love.
went back online asked him what the problem was he said you cant do second screen with his software, shit my eccles was up i was well pissed
my argument was how can you claim its a modern day jukebox software when it only works with vids fom a single screen and said its a ideal desktop set up and not a jukebox setup
you dont watch a video in most pubs were im from stood in front of a wooden cab on a wall the nearest to that was the old sound leisure video surfer and even that was on a second screen built in the cab wich wasn the best idea in the world
no now days they make a vid selection and sit down and enjoy it in comfort
so most of my friday evening was bickering over his software then sometime later received a paypal notification of cash refund which i didnt ask for i think the poor man had just had enough of me and removed all the online argueing we had which was ashame because his forum is pretty quite but it looked like we had a few spectators lol
so the moral of this is better the devil[barry] you know
but having said that barry the flash player ads and html stuff is worth working with looks smart
but to all you out there please please stay away from juke[media player]blaster pro  :chad
however my search goes on for my coin mech juke :downer

fordman

You should be able to use E-touch with a coin mech. Just a simple wire work around. Wire the trigger switch on the coin mech to an IPAC from Ultimarc. The IPAC changes the switch on the coin mech to a 'keyboard button press' and is plugged into your PC via USB or PS2 port.

In Etouch change the coin counter to what ever button press you want to have it assigned to, on the IPAC, you will have to program it, although it comes pre programmed and you can use a pre programmed letter.

Fordman

jukejohn

hi fordman
yes i know how to wire one up via ipac and interface pcb no problem

but you cant do it with  reg etouch that im aware
that is why i was willing to try jbp on one of my jukes

Barcrest

I have one of those dual screen video surfers. They also output to multiple external screens as well as being dual sceen themselves. We could probably make a skin that would match jukeblaster pro faily easilly as from what I can see it just mimice the sound leisure interface. As for the HTML attact mode (Flash is supported by default with HTML support) it could be added. The thing i like with the sound leisure one is the way it links into the database to show album covers with the flash animations i think via XML if i am correct.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

would such a style skin be possible  ???

Barcrest

Should be I have not looked at it too much.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

but without the jukebox title cards unless you could do them with thumb images