Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Whats Better?

Started by Norman Marshall, December 04, 2012, 02:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Ive had a load of trouble with my jukebox in the past with freezing and becoming non responsive if the juke was left untouched for a while, After testing various things I  figured out that it was the usb touch panel kit I was using that was at fault, So after months of waiting and saving ive finally got a proper gvision touch screen monitor, It has the option to use either usb connection or serial cable, at the moment im using usb and ive been testing it for a while and im getting the non responsive problems all over again, can someone tell me what's better, usb connection or serial? Im only using usb because it faster data transfer but if serial is the way to go then ill with that
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

jukejohn

used alot of both serial and usb never noticed any difference so dont think it matters
usb is a high speed conection but at the end of the day its all mouse control

getting to your problem would check in control panel under power settings
clear all sleep power down settings set it up so the pc is always on/awake
sounds like some part is sleeping when its not active also check  under
mouse settings and touch driver software settings

Barcrest

Could be the USB turning off after a set time??? It does sound like something is sleeping, make sure everythig is set to always on.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

could be if the above doesnt solve it it might be in your bios settings under usb settings

Norman Marshall

Im going to give serial a try, I don't want to disable usb in bios cos I need the usb for updating the database
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

jukejohn

no dont disable usb just check the settings in bios like wake on usb etc
but try and resolve it first through windows or see how serial connection works as you said

squirrellydw

Check the properties of the USB device under device manager
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Norman Marshall

Cant seem to get serial to work properly, ive installed the drivers but there is no way to collaborate the touch screen, So its back to usb

jukejohn

Norman Marshall

jukejohn

on install does it give options to search connection usb and com 1 or in the software normaly there will
be options/settings to add usb or com1 connection

uninstal and reinstal should find com1 [serial]

Norman Marshall

Gonna give that a go tonight will let you know how things went

Norman Marshall

Quote from: jukejohn on December 07, 2012, 11:52:46 PM

uninstal and reinstal should find com1 [serial]

Thanks Jukejohn that helped although the gvision software didn't find the com 1 port I downloaded eGalaxtouch driver and that did the job, ive now got serial working, I now need it to stop being non responsive when left for a while. 

A BIG thanks to everyone else who helped

jukejohn

haa it uses the touch kit software[egalax]for 4or 5 wire overlay should run ok now dude

Norman Marshall

Quote from: jukejohn on December 08, 2012, 10:48:16 PM
haa it uses the touch kit software[egalax]for 4or 5 wire overlay should run ok now dude

Job Done, so far so good, I left the juke to stand for two to three hours untouched and as soon as I touched the screen the juke responded as it should have, I a so pleased ive got that problem resolved, Thanks again to everyone who chipped in