Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Old VMJ User

Started by Novalak, June 21, 2008, 11:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novalak

Hey guys

i was a mod over at VMJ forum and always considered their software very attractive but the lack of support and new features bought me over to freebox which im now loving mind you

As their owner doesnt check the forum (which is the only person that can delete my post) i posted how they should switch over lol

http://www.mameroom.com/vmj//community/viewtopic.php?p=17448#17448

Anyway had a bit of a laugh and thought id share it with you :)

squirrellydw

nice job, and welcome to the best jukebox program around.  Barry does a great job with this software, and always fixes any bugs that are reported and considers any requests anyone has.  :beer
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

kizer

Man with all those members there isn't many posts on that forum. Its rather scary honestly.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

eist1

Novalak,

Yes, welcome to the forum.... VMJ was the first touchscreen jukebox I got, but like you without support or development, went searching and found Freebox. Freebox has grown in leaps and bounds since when first finding it due to Barry putting all of his spare time into it, and listening to users ideas. It has the features of almost all of the jukeboxes combined plus more, due to his work. Great to have you here, especially since you were almost their only moderator over at VMJ, you'll be gladly welcomed here... It's a group effort on this forum to make this the best jukebox anywhere.

Barcrest

Welcome dude... CYBERPUNK or what ever name he want's to go under now is not somebody i like one bit. His attitude stinks big time.. He posts under a few different names on BYOAC and my feelings for scott are well known. Hopefully you will enjoy being part of the community over here. I know that is not the politically correct reposnse but eff him, he stabbed his users.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

You summed it up perfectly

BTW the reason their forums are dead is because they had a spamming problem. I took over Mod and fixed it all up but he has pretty much lost all his users now

The last straw was the last version, he released a new version i intalled it on the jukebox and it crashed everything...looked back and he had deleted the version without an explanation or anything

rebuilt it and put freebox on

Barcrest

Quote from: Novalak on June 23, 2008, 11:18:52 AM
The last straw was the last version, he released a new version i intalled it on the jukebox and it crashed everything...looked back and he had deleted the version without an explanation or anything

That was the V9 he released wasn't it? I tried the demo and it just wouldn't run.. I try and use demos of all the jukebox software out there to keep an eye on the competition so to speak but VMJ just didn't work.. I noticed he pulled it although i thought he put it back up again.

Part of his forum demise were the amount of negative comments he was getting. Rather than try and do anything about the users problems he just ended up deleting posts and acounts even of paid users.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

He has pulled it now, didn't last long but it did make me laugh.

Jukebox Stats...

Novalak

Barcrest

Ah, yesterday we were getting PHP error page and that was all.

Jukebox Stats...