News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Any way to BATCH add album art to ID3 tags??

Started by fat-johnny, July 14, 2008, 01:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fat-johnny

I have my directory structure set up like most of you:
d:\music\alabama\greatest hits\01 - Country monkey.mp3

and so forth.  In each folder for each album, I have good quality 500x500 album art named cover.jpg, and new smaller album art at 170x170 called cover_small.jpg

Is there any way to BATCH add the small album art into my ID3 tags.  I know I can do it with Tag & Raname on an album-by-album basis, but with 1300+ albums, that would take quite an effort.

Anybody use anything else that might work......without messing up anything else with the rest of my tags.
Lemme know,
FJ

bzpilot

MediaMonkey http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Then install the Album Art 4.2 script from here: http://trixmoto.net/mm/scripts.php?id=1

From there you can select your entire database and apply the script to it.

The process will be:
1) Select main script option 2. "Embed artwork (copy from mask to tag)"
2) Path will be: <path>\cover_small
3) Drop down box selection of: Embed in tag

That should do it.  Never done it in a batch like this, but I have used MediaMonkey in embeding album art on over 2,000 albums without a problem.  Just test on a few before running your whole database.  There is also an option to "Supress Confirmation Screen" probably a good idea to keep it running while testing.

Also, I would suggest embeding your larger 500x500 album art.  That way if you ever need it, it is always there.  You will see there are other options with this script program, one of them is to extract a copy of the embeded album art from the tag, etc.  Difference between a 500x500 and a 170x170 is usually less than 80kb.  So on a standard size .mp3 (5mb) you are only talking about a 1.5% increase in size with the larger image.

Adding the larger album art will also allow you, in the future, to be able to export both the large and small album art covers from the tag.  This will make it easier to use with programs that support multiple album art sizes - the different size album art support will also be included in the next release of Freebox 4.0.0.8.  The script mentioned above has the option to batch export a copy at whatever name and size you would like eg. 450x450 - cover.jpg, and 170x170 cover_small.jpg into its respective album path. 

bc411

I thought freebox didn't like album art in the ID3 tags. I'm using V3, was this changed in V4?

Barcrest

The big change from V3 to V4 is the switch over to WMP as the player engine. This doesn't seem to give a problem with embedded art. There are also quite a few speed improvemnts and new features over V3.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

bc411

How cool is that??? I'm sold! I buying the upgrade now! The bummer is that I've spent countless hours removing my album art from my collection... Oh well....now I can share my massive collection of MP3s with my kids(they use iTunes and like to have the album art in their iPods).

Barcrest

Account upgraded dude, thanks. There are a ton of changes over the V3 release, if you have any issues please let me know ASAP so i can get onto them.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...