Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

BnR skin input and ideas

Started by coffee, November 01, 2009, 08:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi Everybody

I'm calling on the forum fathers to give some input on the Black and Red skin I'm to start this coming weekend.

I need your input on the following:
-Are we going for a fire or flame theme on this one because it's a red skin or are we going to keep it
  simple as on the BnB skin? I can do flame buttons etc. We can do flames with a future orange or yellow
  skin as well.
-Popup menu or the same as in the BnB skin? A Popup menu will result in a cleaner look on the album view
  pages.
-Play around with the layout?
-Use a slider, jump to letter menu or a on-screen jump-to-letters row for navigation? Removing the slider
  will save a lot of space and will also make the album view page look cleaner.

I'll start doing some button and arrow samples later this week.
Coffee

eist1

Sounds good... I think you should use the pop up menus to clean up the main album page, why have all of the buttons on there if they can be hidden. You may want to put some most used buttons on the main page (Filter, Search, Hot Hits) but put the rest in the pop up menu. Also, I don't know if you should have the whole skin as a flame theme, you may want to try and use different images for the different buttons similar to how ECast has their buttons (Plus with the pop up menu you can have larger square image buttons). Throw something together and I'm sure we'll all give our suggestions... Thanks for working on it.

ScAtMaN

As a commercial user of the current black n red I would welcome making the interface simpler as eist suggested by using the pop-up menus to clear up the main page a little.

I would like to see it kept simple in style though like the new BnB buttons, though having the top ten, now playing, decades screens etc made more graphical and striking.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!