Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Can anyone help me with details of where to find a good 15" cheap touchscreen

Started by Bondy, May 22, 2009, 03:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bondy

Hi guys

I was hoping maybe someone could give me some idea's or link's to places where i can buy a nice 15" touch screen or bigger im in the uk by the way

I do have a touch screen at present but i cant seem to get it to work  >:(

Any help would be great guys

Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong section
What Dont Kill Me Only Makes Me Stronger ..... !!

its-smee

depends on what you call cheap?. touch screens are expensive in sizes 15" and upwards. I have recently purchased an ASUS eeeTOP all in one touch screen computer, and freebox runs perfect on it. check out the ASUS home page for details. prices vary from £380 upwards and if you can claim back the VAT even better.  Screen resolution is 1366x768 size 8"x14" or 15.5 across diagonal

normski

I think ebay is your best bet as 15" monitors stopped being made when they became a health and safety problem (apparently). As for your monitor, have you tried deleting the installation files (drivers) and re-installing them? as an ex IT support thats the first thing id do, secondly, what was the last thing you installed on your pc before your touch screen stopped working? chances are what ever software you installed has a conflicked with your touch screen software, so check all possibilities before you buy a new one.

fordman

Hello Bondy,

Ebay is your best bet for a "CHEAP" touchscreen. http://cgi.ebay.com/ELO-15-ET1545L-8UWC-1-TouchScreen-LCD-Monitor_W0QQitemZ200343325343QQcmdZViewItemQQptZComputer_Monitors?hash=item2ea5648a9f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50#shipping This is one dealer that will ship to the UK. Please read the shipping info.

Go to ELO's website for the drivers. http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloads/dnld.asp The drivers are for serial and USB connections.

What touchscreen do you have now? You may just need the correct drivers. Also, what operating system do you use? (WinXP, Vista). Is the touchscreen serial or USB? Did you do the calibration test when you installed what drivers you have? You may not need a new touchscreen. A little bit of info and alot of us can help you.

Thanks for the time,
Fordman

Bondy

Thanks everyone for the replays managed to get my old 1 working had a major nightmare with it tho but after nearly 48 hours of pulling my hair out and banging my head against the wall i solved the problem i tryed using the newest drivers and for some reason it didnt like it so i managed to find my disk with my old drivers on and got it sorted.

I do have 1 question tho when i play a music video it plays fine when the window is small in the corner but when i try to maximise it the video plays really slow and jumps and skips ??? ive checked my drivers they seemed ok and the pc normally plays videos fine i also have k-lite codec pack installed any ideas as to what im doing wrong would be great oh the pc is a HP Compaq d530 P4 2.8GHz 256MB 40GB

Also thanks fordman for the link im going to check it out

Many thanks
What Dont Kill Me Only Makes Me Stronger ..... !!

fordman

GET MORE MEMORY!  :o

You need at least 512mb for decent video unless you using a 64 - 128mb AGP video card. If your using the onboard video, the video is stealing memory from your 256mb that you have. So if your running videos on WMP and they look ok, then when you run E-Touch, with WMP actually playing the songs and videos, you're using twice the memory power because of 2 applications running. Memory is our friend with videos!

:beer

Fordman

Barcrest

Yeah i agree with fordman you need to up that ram to 512 really or add a decent graphics card. Also make sure you have the latest direct X installed and WMP11
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...