Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

karaoke time?!?!?!

Started by Risim, November 18, 2015, 05:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Barry is there a way to put karaoke to appear at a certain time.  Lets say I want it to show up on friday and Saturday after 6pm to 3am is that posible?  Is it even worth it?  It a request from bar owners more that mine.

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on November 18, 2015, 05:35:17 PM
Barry is there a way to put karaoke to appear at a certain time.  Lets say I want it to show up on friday and Saturday after 6pm to 3am is that posible?  Is it even worth it?  It a request from bar owners more that mine.

It isn't possible at present but I could add it as an option. Seems like a fair bit of work though.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on November 19, 2015, 08:57:13 AM
It isn't possible at present but I could add it as an option. Seems like a fair bit of work though.
Another way I can do this is having the bar owner activate and deactivate the karaoke, right. This can be done now with v9.  Im going to play with this see what i can do with our current version.

Risim

Ive been playing with this for awhile and the only way i can think of is delgating access to the button settings to the bar owner.  I believe this is not an option because they can tick and untick lots of buttons. 
Im just spit balling here how about pin access karaoke button. Or a hot key that when pressed karaoke button apears or pin screen and the karaoke button. :o
Quote from: Barcrest on November 19, 2015, 08:57:13 AM

Looking for an easy way to do this Barry.  If not then I will pay be happy to pay for this option Barry.  I also want you to create a little program for me. I will send you a pm.

Gaucho

Hi Barry/Rism,

Not sure if this is an option. The easy bit, create a second skin with the Karaoke button dragged off the screen.

Maybe not so easy but might be just a bit of additional coding (you would no better Barry), under attract mode there is an option to load a holiday skin. If the calendar bit could be modded slightly to include a time and repeat dates, then you could apply the skin with the Karaoke button.

Risim

Dammmm Gaucho thats excellent!!!!  I like it I can even add extra grafics stating its karaoke time.  Nice let me try it out.

Risim

Ok guys it works but it only saves one skin change.  For Attarct skin change to work it will need to have the option like happy hour feature does(days of the week and time start and end).

Barcrest

Yes it would need times adding to it so just as much work as adding anything to offer this option.

For the ultimate flexability it would be having the option to load a new lot of saved settings as this would allow you to tailor everything to be different a set time. This could be a different skin, different buttons etc. However since moving to storing the settings in the registry this might be even more work than is was going to be with just ini files.

If i was going to add the ability for the buttons to be visible or not at set times this is the best way to do it.

EDIT:
You could do it now with a bit of a cludge... Make the jukebox shutdown at a set time can call a bat file that then loads a registry file with the settings into the registry and relaunches the jukebox. Then at the end time calls another bat file that set's it back to how it was. The issue with this is you have downtime while the jukebox closes and relaunches E-Touch but it would work.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Hmmmmm interesting......so I will create a bat file that will run in the background and at a certain time shutdown the jukebox and change the skin to the karaoke skin and vice versa when the time ends.  Lets me see if I can do that

Risim

Ok I have the juke shutingdown and reboot at certain time thru bat file. Now just how do I change the the skin via bat file?

Risim

Another step closer I found the skin settings and change it to the skin I want but when I turn  on etouch the previous skin is still on.  Under the appearance menu the name of the new skin is shown but it is not loaded.  How do I get the skin to change via reg?

Risim

Got it!!!! ;D ;D  The problem was I had the calender set to change to another skin.  I changed the date on the pc and now I can change the skin via registry. Now let me see if I can figure out to do it thru bat file.

Mark Norville

They say that talking to yourself is a sign of madness, but talking too yourself in a forum where everyone can see you are a utter nutter is priceless lol ;)
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

Look whos talking!!!!   ;D
Anyways just want to say I got it working I have completed a mini program that runs in the background and does exactly what you said Barry so thanks.  I will try this out and see how stable is it and will keep you posted. 

Barcrest

Glad you figured it out dude, saved me coding anything :)

Jukebox Stats...