Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

karaoke time?!?!?!

Started by Risim, November 18, 2015, 05:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Ok guys I got my karaoke skin done and mini program that shutdown and switches jukebox to karaoke mode.  I would like one more feature to make this completely awesome.  I would like the karaoke section to show up as default instead of audio.  The only way I can think of to do this is generating the karaoke db in the audio and vice versa. The only problem with it will take lots of time to generate that everytime the jukebox switches to karaoke mode.  Is there a way I can do this by maybe rename the files that hold each dbs info?  Which files would they be?  Any other ideas? 
By having karaoke shown first will make use it even more.

Mark Norville

I know that probably this will not work but have you tried having different user accounts on the jukebox? Are you still wanting to provide audio as well as karaoke, or are you looking at 100% karaoke after a certain time?

So for example you have two users called Jukebox and then another called karaoke, so at a set time of day you have windows switch user accounts and trying to load the karaoke directory as the standard for the karaoke user.

I have been around professional karaoke set ups and I can imagine that the karaoke feature on this is not that complex as I can't imagine that you have things such as pitch and key such as a pro set up would have, but either way a disco or a karaoke dj will get there around an hour early to set up properly and sound check.

What would be a good thing to have for commercial operators is a screen that says not available due to updates or maintenance etc so a punter cannot access the jukebox while you switch over.

Ah I just had an idea for you to try

Why not have it so that you make up two configuration files and then a batch file to switch, so imagine this

1) 5pm pub is empty and karaoke time in an hour or so
2) 5.30 pm or whenever a batch file is run, which renames the original configuration file to configuration2 for example
3) You have karaoke configuration and then in that batch file, you rename karaoke to configuration
4) reboot the system or indeed reload the skin if you can
5) Then at a certain time of the night, you have another batch file to rename config to karaoke again, and config2 back to the original

That is my idea anyway, but will have to excuse me as trying to eat my dinner and watch TV.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

But thats what i dont want to do.  I dont want the jujebox to run config to many things can go wrong. 
Im thinking this:  have two etouch 9 directory and swap the coresponding files  each time the jukebox switches.  I want the audio to be karaoke and karaoke or audio. Or just make karaoke the main db shown but still have audio availbe.

Mark Norville

It would be fantastic if there was a way that you could alter the date on the jukebox so that you could use the seasonal setting. If you had remote access to the jukebox that might be possible, but a hassle if you forget.

I am going to install the karaoke that was in etouch folder and see what it does, I think I still have karaoke files here somewhere. I don't know how it works on etouch but got me interested now, even though I will never use the karaoke myself.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Just had a look on youtube https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=karaoke can't you download those and use the same as music videos? What kind of karaoke files have you got?

OK it is now official I suck at karaoke I just tried Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas I hate that kind of karaoke though no options to change the pitch and timings to suit a persons voice.

I just done a quick count there are about 1,000 karaoke video just on one persons channel https://www.youtube.com/user/singkingkaraoke/playlists?view=1&sort=dd only downside for you though would be no Australian acts just mainstream American and British ones probably. I'm not sure if you actually class Kylie as an ozzie still?

Risim

Wow you like to write :o :o :P!! Lol...   You can have sesonal skins and etouch does change them automatically like gaucho said at the begining of the post.  Please dont make the post about downloading karaokes then for future reference it will be hard to find replies that do help.  :beer

Hitbig

"By having karaoke shown first will make use it even more".
Not using the software like before, but I'm sure that feature is in the options screen. Let try it and post back later.

Barcrest

Quote from: Hitbig on November 27, 2015, 05:26:18 AM
Not using the software like before, but I'm sure that feature is in the options screen. Let try it and post back later.

It is, you can specify the default/start up library.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on November 27, 2015, 08:53:44 AM
Quote from: Hitbig on November 27, 2015, 05:26:18 AM

It is, you can specify the default/start up library.
Where? ?

Mark Norville

Goto Admin > General > You should see where it says Audio in a box, simply click on there and it brings up video, karaoke.

Pic attached

Risim

OMG!!!! :tommy Thanks I didnt see it. Thanks. :beer

Risim

I cant find that option in the registry setting. Barry is it stored there as well can I change it via bat(like I am doing with the skin).

Mark Norville

I might be going off track here, but I have had a look at the holiday skin setting, bare with me

eTouch
- CALENDER
----- 19-06-2011.dat

Data inside of that

Attract Mode Path
C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox 7\Attract
Holiday Skin

LED Sign Path
Text18
Jingles Path
Text18
Database Path
Text18

It uses a database path for something, I swear there is a simple way of doing it but finding that simple way is a bit harder.

Mark Norville

WARNING : I thought that this was simple until I tried it this morning. The only thing that was affected for some reason was jumping to play on a single track on my main user account. It would jump to a video on my other user account, but not on this. Apart from this everything else was perfect, but I am leaving this here just incase something can be done as it was an ideal situation.

I knew it would be something simple, fook me am I good to you or what. It is a very easy and simple way of doing this and it does not take much to do.

I have different users on my main computer Global Administrator is the one where I am usually and where I use eTouch and have my databases, files, folders etc etc installed.

I logged off and went to my Home Entertainment user account (non admin), I then tried to load up eTouch but instead it asked me for my forum name and email and registration key.

It then loaded and the skin was different to what I normally have, so I changed the hell out of it, I put it so that it only loads up karaoke, I removed buttons etc etc.

I then logged out of that account, back into my Global Admin user account, and none of the settings I made had affected ANYTHING that I had done on the other user account.

My normal skin and settings were fully intact.

So basically what I am saying is that you need to create another user account called maybe WEEKENDS, set that up how you want it, and then set up a log off from the main user account, into the WEEKEND user account.

Hey presto, fooking EASY.

Am I a fooking God

I just found this program which will allow you to fast switch between accounts http://www.myportablesoftware.com/fastuserswitch.aspx

or you can just make a batch file with shutdown -l to log off the user

*** POSSIBLE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX THINKING ***

As the changes I made on another account had no change to my normal account, the chances are it made a registry entry into that user account somewhere, I wonder if you could access that somehow on the main account so that you do not have to keep switching, maybe it could be rigged so that you can change it somehow?

A possible solution maybe to download say version 8 to another user account or even just version 9.18 but then installing it in another directory if you download version 8 it should have different reg tags or possibly but I do know that there is a solution to this

Gaucho

Mark is indeed correct as I have two user accounts on my PC running different skins in etouch which I had set up so that I could mess around in one without screwing up my main set up.

I haven't looked, but if that fast switch program works you could just add it as a scheduled task in windows to run at a certain time on certain days and that should give you your automated switching to Karaoke without any user input.