Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

karaoke time?!?!?!

Started by Risim, November 18, 2015, 05:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Thanks for all the info guys but the way I have it setup is simple and effective and so far I haven't had any trouble.  All I need to make this complete is to find the setting in the registry that changes the db at startup and add it to my batch file and thats it.   :beer  I cant seem to find it ! :tommy

Barcrest

If you have a text compare program you could export the registry, make the change and export the registry again then compare. Alternatively if you can wait until later today i'll look up the key for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Hi guys my truck transmission died so been away for awhile. But Im in the finnal days of testing this and so far so good.  Thinking of installing this on some jukes on monday.  FYI the option to change db on startup in reg is "Start_Up_Lib"  didn't know why i couldn't find it the first time.  I am also removing all karaoke.rec and csv files so that when karaoke is not active there is no trace of it on the jukebox. 
One minor thing I will like to add is when karoke time starts I will like to add credits.  Let say the jukebox is in normal mode my mini program detects the time makes the coresponding changes to the registry and restart jukebox.  Can I also give x amount of credits when it starts up again? If so where can it be done via registry also?  Thanks in advance.

Mark Norville

If you are looking in the registry, you have

Delgate_Coin
Credit_Settings
E-Touch_Free_Credits

They are the only coin references that I could find, but as you are a commercial operator then you might have different settings than mine. If you can affect one option, surely then can change others.

Still Barry best person but part time workers, never around when you want or need them.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

Thanks Mark i have seen those setting but I think it is best to wait for a response from Barry.  Just don't want to mess something up. :beer

Barcrest

With the registry you can only turn on free play, if you want me to add the ability to add credits on start up with a command line switch this can be done.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Hmmmmm no thats ok Barry.  Are the credits stored in a file in the etouch folder?

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on December 08, 2015, 11:31:31 AM
Hmmmmm no thats ok Barry.  Are the credits stored in a file in the etouch folder?

Well not really no they are stored internally. I guess you could create the temporary file when you restart, make sure you turn off the option to reset credits on load and it will then load up the stored file. I think it's credits.tmp but i will need to check. It's just a text file with a value in for the amount of credits.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

It seems to be a big hit and glad to say after a few bug correction my mini program is working great.  I have one more question I would like to make this look a little more pro looking.  I would love to run a swf file in full screen while the jukebox is rebooting.  The problem with this is how can I get it to open in IE(internet explorer) in full screen via batch.  Anybody knows how?  I know so far to open IE with -k parameter which will bring it to kiosk mode in full screen but now how do I run the swf.

ecbrad

Try setting IE as the default SWF player or something similiar and then put the swf or shortcut to it in your startup folder?

Brad

Risim

IE is default player for swf.  Didn't try the shortcut thing let me try.  But it will not be in my startup folder remeber I just want to call on it to run from batch or really ahk.

Barcrest

Do you not just call it in the command line, like iexplore.exe /k "C:\SWF\animation.swf" ?

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on February 16, 2016, 12:25:37 PM
Do you not just call it in the command line, like iexplore.exe /k "C:\SWF\animation.swf" ?

Yeah I got it to work but IE always prompts me before playing swf.  Is there a way to force it to play?

Mark Norville

I have no idea on this was just googling it, but have you tried /f at all? To me that means forced but it probably will not work as I am just having a stab in the dark here.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

/f switch will does not apply to IE.

But i did get it to work for future reference  go to IE Options / advance / security /allow active content to run from my computer*/ tick that option and your good to go. :beer