Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

tagging music videos

Started by mfacer, June 11, 2008, 10:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfacer

I've just got a few hundred music videos (MPG) and tried to get them to generate a library using config5. It didnt work, then i searched here and found i need to use the beta tag program. The trouble is, that doesnt seem to work either. I popped three music videos in a folder - didnt work - so I tried giving them their own folders ARTIST - SONG format, that didnt work. I get the following error from the betatag tool.

(popup box title: Non-MP3 Tagger)
(message: Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument)

Any ideas??

Barcrest

Does the non beta tagger load?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

I only seem to have betatag - there doesnt seem to be another program I can use in the folder? (from the most recent files)...

It could be a problem with permissions? The files were on a shared network drive - when I pulled them on to my local PC it seemed to tag them OK. When I select the local folder in config though and press generate library, it says 0 files added with no problems...

Barcrest

For music videos you need them to be in virtual albums....

EG

Music Videos\Artists\Queen\Queen - Kind Of Magic.mpg
Music Videos\Artists\ZZ Top\ZZ Top - Legs.mpg

Then build the library from the music videos folder, it should pick them all up then.

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

I have put the videos and their .tag file in folders and it's worked!

Any tips on getting images for them??

Also - I assumed as it was a video file, when I added it to the queue, it would play full screen straight away? I guess not! I'm now thinking I need to enable the second monitor for this....?

all part of the learning curve!!

Barcrest

Yes a second screen is the best way. Although i am adding an option to make video and karaoke automatically play full screen on a single screen set up.

Another thing, make sure all the files in a folder have the same album tag. The put a cover.jpg in there, i use a greatest hits cover and group them by artist.

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

yeah good idea. I've actually tried putting the videos in with MP3 music folders. Seems to work OK although the album was labelled "Various Artists". Might just stick with separate video / music folders.

has anyone else tried mixing them??

Barcrest

You can mix them just ensure the artist names and album names match. I just prefer putting them in the videos lib so i know i am playing a video there is no way to tell if you put them in the same folder.

Jukebox Stats...

mfacer

yeah I'm inclined to agree now! It's looking a little messy with videos mixed in. I'll keep them separate I think!!

Pinball

I read this thread.  I just started playing with videos.  I found a converter tool and converted a couple FLV files to MP4s.  Based on what I learned from this thread I created folders:

videos\artists\meatloaf\meatloaf-bat out of hell.mpg4
videos\artists\Katy Perry\Katy Perry-I kissed a Girl.mpg4

I also copied a cover image from my music library for Meatloaf into the meatloaf vidio folder.   cover.jpeg

Then I ran the Config, selected Video, and pointed at the Video directory.

When I hit generate Library, Finished Searching 0 files found.
No Media Files Found. 

Am I missing a step with some type of Tagger or something??

Also, once we get this to be seen by config, Will it go into Full screen on the Juke or do I need to have a separate monitor to see the video??

Thanks,

Randy

Barcrest

You need to use the non mp3 tagger to tag the videos, it will create a .tag file for each video. The config will then pick these up. If you are using a single screen you can make the video full screen on the now playing screen by clicking on the small video playing in the top right. It is best if you have a second screen though as it will be playing while people are still using the jukebox to queue up other songs and videos.

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

Where is the non MP3 tagger?  Is this in the product or is this a 3rd party thing I need to download?

Thanks.

Barcrest

It's included with freebox. It's caled betatagger in V4 and i think the updated version was released as the V4 update pack.

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

I keep the videos in a separate folder than the CDs on the same drive.

I used the tagger and it created a file like :

f:\videos\artist\meatloaf\meatloaf - Bat out of Hell.mp4.tag

I did this for a couple video files.  Then I went into the config and
changed Selected Library to Video.

Clicked below on folder for Videos\artists\meatloaf

Then I clicked   Generate Library.

Again I got no files found and No Media files.

I hit update library. Then Started Freebox.

Pressed the Video button and nothing happend.

I don't see the video to select or anything, just the CD album jackets. 

Where am I going wrong??

fordman

Pinball,

What does the .tag say? Open up the .tag file with notepad and see if the <artist>,<title> part of the tag is filled out. If not, you can edit the .tag file with notepad and then save it.

Re-run the config program and see if the .tag file you just edited shows up. I had to play around with it a few times also to get it to work correctly.

Also, when using the non-MP3 tagger, see pic below:

Then re-run the config, then update the library.

The video will play in the Now-Playing screen. You have to make sure the 'Hide Vis on Now Playing Screen' in the 'Appearance' part of the General Settings is NOT checked! if it is checked then all you will get with 1 monitor is the audio part of the video. If you have 2 monitors, then the video will play on one and the jukebox interface will be on the other!

I hope this helps!  :beer

Fordman