Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

tagging music videos

Started by mfacer, June 11, 2008, 10:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

This post should be in the tutorial section...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Is it possible to get the tagger tool to automatically scan subfolders and generate the tags? I have 1000 folders and tagging each one manually is horribly painful.

Cheers,
Brad

Barcrest

This has been mentioned and is something i will look at.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

Fordman:

I am back at this after a lay-off.  I used the tagger to tag the video files. When I run config, I change the Selected Library from Audio to Video.

I pointed at the Video folder and Hit Generate Library.  It said No records Found.

I did it a couple more times , still pointing at the Video folder and somehow it listed all the music titles from the different music folder.

When I started freebox, whether I pushed the Music or Video Button, I saw all my music CDs.

I can't get a video to show or play.   Any Ideas?  I'm frustrated... ???

If you care to e mail me, I can e mail you back any screenshots you may need to look at.

Pinball at aol dot com

Thanks,

Randy   

fordman

By chance are your videos in a folder of their own;
c:\Videos\ACDC
c:\Videos\ACDC\Who Made Who.mp4
with
c:\Videos\ACDC\Who Made Who.tag
c:\Videos\ACDC\Hells Bells.mp4
with
c:\Videos\ACDC\Hells Bells.tag
also c:\Videos\ACDC\cover.jpg & coversmall.jpg
or
c:\Videos\Boston
c:\Videos\Boston\It's Been Such A Long Time.mp4
with
c:\Videos\Boston\It's Been Such A Long Time.tag
c:\Videos\Boston\Amanda.mp4
with
c:\Videos\Boston\Amanda.tag
also c:\Videos\Boston\cover.jpg & coversmall.jpg

Thats how mine are structured and it works great!

:beer

Fordman

Pinball

F:\Videos\Artists\Katy Perry\Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl
F:\Videos\Artists\Katy Perry\Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl.MP4.tag

F:\Videos\Artists\Meat Loaf\Meat Loaf- Two Out of Three
F:\Videos\Artists\Meat Loaf\Meat Loaf- Two Out of Three.MP4.tag

What I just noticed is that when I look at my computer (View Details), and look at the folder for the above videos, the .MP4 does not show after the video name like on your example.

If I double click the file it will play in media player, and if I hold the mouse pointer over it , it shows as a MPEG 4 Movie in the description. 

Pinball

The videos are in a folder of there own .

When I start the tagger and select an artist and double click,

The list that shows below contains the video_name.MP4

fordman

To view the file type, you need to open a window, at the top, goto Tools>Folder Options>View

You will see the file extention such as MP4.

Open up the NonMP3 tagger. Goto where your videos are stored. Select the Artist you want to make a tag for. If you have more than 1 MP4 (or whatever type of video file you have) file then they all will show.
Click the POPULATE ALL FROM FILE NAME button and the tags will be made.

On the line where you have the %1 - %2 and the likes, this is where you need to decide what is where.

Look at the pic below.

I have mine set up like this: Artist = %1 Song = %2  So in the filename, such as in the picture, Black Label Society - Stillborn.mp4 = Black Label Society = %1 and Stillborn = %2. make sure in the line you have it %1 - %2 (%1<space>dash<space>%2). Thats all I use for Video. Now if my file name was Black Label Society - 01 - Stillborn then the line would read %1 - %5 - %2

But, you can type in the other item such as genre, cd name, song number. The hit the 'COPY TO ALL' button next to the category and the tag will be re-written with the additional info. Make sure the Auto Save on Change file box is ticked also!

Try that and check in with a full report!

Fordman

Pinball

I will do it tomorrow as my eyes are shot..  I've been on this PC all afternoon and nite.  Thanks,  also I need to get a new version of the Tagger as I do not have the Leading Caps option as well as other stuff.  Maybe the Tagger I have is at question??? Iam running FB V 4.0.19

How do I get the Tagger you are showing??

Randy

fordman

You will have to upgrade to E-Touch V5.

But the old version should work just the same.

:o

Fordman

Pinball

I followed your steps. I turned on Show File extention in Folder Options.

The videos show as examp: Meatloaf - You took the Words.MP4

When I hold the mouse pointer over the file name, Windows says :

TYPE: MPEG-4 MOVIE

When in My Computer, in the Video folder ,if I double click it, the Video will start the Media Player and play the video.

I installed V5.0.17 today..

I am now using the E-touch Barcrest Configurator and the new E-Touch non MP3 Tagger that came w/  V 5.0.17

I also followed the procedures for Tagging each video, now all 5 videos show up succesfully. There is One Katy Perry vid and 4 Meatloaf vids.

(Although I am not exactly sure what the functions I was selecting is actually supposed to be doing). 

Ex: Copy to ALL

Populate from Filename vs. Populate ALL from File Name . What's the difference?

I don't know what the TEST button is for...

NOW, for the problem....

I am in E_Touch.  I select the Video button and the 2 Artist pictures show up, Katy Perry and MeatLoaf.

When I select MeatLoaf, the screen opens and I see the four Meatloaf videos listed. 

I select MeatLoaf - You took the Words..

And Push PLAY NOW.

A WARNING TRIANGLE message appears that says,
" The File you are attempting to play has an extention that does not match the file format.

Playing the File may resuly in unexpected Behavior. Do you want to Play?

If I hit yes, It does not play.  If I then go back out to E-Touch main screen, and Push the Music Button , E-touch shows the song that is to be playing in the upper right corner. But the progress bar is stuck at 0.
Nothing is playing. If IO hit the Right arrow to go to the next song, nothing happens. So I shut down E-Touch and restart. OK Then.

Are MPEG-4 MOVIE files (as mine show under the pointer) , the same a MP4 files.  If so, why do you think my files are viewed as a missmatch between type and extention?

Thanks,

Randy

fordman

You need to have the K-Lite codec packs installed.

http://www.free-codecs.com/K_lite_codec_pack_download.htm

download and then view this thread http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1493.0

Then try to play your MP4's.

Is your juke conneced to the internet? If so, the reason it always plays in WMP is because it always downloads the codec prior to playing. the K-Lite codecs will take care of this.

Try this and report back!

Fordman

Pinball

Installed the Codec,  Now when I switch to VIDEOS, I can Play the Vids,
With no errors or warning messages.

But there is just the audio, NO Vidio image is showing anywhere on either the Music or Video screens.

I only have  my one PC monitor, and I wonder if I need to change a setting in the options to see the videos..

enable transparancy?, Hide Vis? or anything with the monitor #s

I feel like we are getting close to making this work...

fordman

NOTE: For this quick tutorial, I used pics from 2 different tutorials, there is no error with E-Touch!

When the video is playing, goto the 'Now Playing' Screen.

Upper Right corner. Touch the album cover and then the Now Playing Screen will appear.

Also in the upper right corner, you'll see the Visualization box, but instead of the visualization, you then see the video. Tap the video for fullscreen!

There are some of us lobbying on this board to have the video go into full screen automatically when a video is played. I believe Barry is working on it, but we're all being patient!

Fordman

Pinball

Fordman,

That works!!!!!!!

I am very happy!

Now I need to start converting a bunch of FLV files I pulled off of UTUBE to MP4's. 

I need to send you a case of beer!   :beer  :beer  :beer

Thanks!!!!

I will be back with more questions as I dig deeper into this. 

If they do implement automatic full screen video, what do you think the process would be for a user to select a song as the video is playing? And then after x seconds would it go back to full screen video?

Randy