Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

tagging music videos

Started by mfacer, June 11, 2008, 10:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I downloaded a product by NCH software called Pixxillion Image Converter and converted a bunch  of Youtube FLV files to MP4's. 

Worked great.   Created Artist Folders to group videos by artist or
Theme, ie... Sixties, Seventies, Woodstock. 

I am having 2 problems.  A few of the "Albums " on the E-Touch Video screen do not show the Artist Name above the Cover Picture.

I checked on the Tagger again and it looks like the Group names are there.  Where (What field)exactly does the Group Name above the Album Cover Image on the Video selection screen get propagated from???

Also the Last "Album " on the first Video selection screen, STEPPENWOLF, is repeated as the FIRST Album on the second Video selection screen....   I only have a few albums(collections of artists videos) on the second screen.  I can't find any duplicate Steppenwolf files or folders in my directories.  Any thoughts??

fordman

Quote from: Pinball on August 21, 2009, 10:14:38 PM

If they do implement automatic full screen video, what do you think the process would be for a user to select a song as the video is playing? And then after x seconds would it go back to full screen video?

2 screens for this to work as you really want it too! 1 for the video, the other for the E-Touch interface. But you can watch a video, then tap the video, and the now playing screen will re-appear, then hit the 'back' button, select more of what you want, then go back to the now playing screen, tap the video for full screen again!

I'm glad I could help as I hope this helps others as well.

Also it helps take the load off Barry so he can develope the software more! <--- shameless butt kissing!  :-*

:beer :beer :beer

Fordman

fordman

Quote from: Pinball on August 22, 2009, 02:15:26 AM

I am having 2 problems.  A few of the "Albums " on the E-Touch Video screen do not show the Artist Name above the Cover Picture.

I checked on the Tagger again and it looks like the Group names are there.  Where (What field)exactly does the Group Name above the Album Cover Image on the Video selection screen get propagated from???

Also the Last "Album " on the first Video selection screen, STEPPENWOLF, is repeated as the FIRST Album on the second Video selection screen....   I only have a few albums(collections of artists videos) on the second screen.  I can't find any duplicate Steppenwolf files or folders in my directories.  Any thoughts??

Go to the E-Touch folder and delete these files:
video.bak
video.cvr
video.rec
video.rex

Then re-run the config 4.exe for videos and see if that doesnt clear things up for you.

:beer

Fordman

Pinball

It did not work. No change.

Where (What field)exactly does the Group Name above the Album Cover Image on the Video selection screen get propagated from???

If i know this I could manually check for the proper values on the tagger.

Randy

fordman

Lets start fresh and delete the previous 4 files as mentioned earlier. (if you havent made any tags or used the config 4.exe to make a library for videos yet, then these files wont exist and skip part 1 <-- for those following along that havent tried to make tags yet.)

Part 1:
Where ever you installed E-Touch, go to that folder.

Delete theese files.

video.bak
video.cvr
video.rec
video.rex

Part 2:
Open the Non MP3 tagger

When opened, direct the Non MP3 tagger to where your videos are stored.
You will see all your folders with the different Artist/Album names. For Artist, I use the Artist/Band name. For a compilation, I use the Album name.

Make sure the 'Mask' is set to see your type of video file. If its already in the list, just click/tap 'Set Mask' to re-save the mask.

Part 3:

Open the folder for the Artist/Album you want to make tags for.
All the video files that the 'Mask' has been set to are shown. All of mine are MP4's

You will see the box wth the % values. Lets take a look at how that works. The values follow the file name.

Big Mama Thornton - 16 - Down Home Shakedown.mp4
    (Artist)           (track no)         (song title)

If you see in the pic above, the Artist has a %1 value. So from my file, %1 will be Big Momma Thornton.
Track No. has %5 so the 16 will be %5. Song title is %2, %2 for this file will be Down Home Shakedown.
So in the % values box, it will be %1 - %5 - %2 (%1<space>dash<space>%5<space>dash><space>%2)

Make sure you have the 'Auto Change on Save File' ticked!

Now that the % values are set. Click 'Populate ALL from Filename' button. Here you will have all the videos within that folder have a tag created. To make this a little easier, MANUALLY fill in the CD Title/Album Name. Then click/tap 'Copy To ALL' button. This will re-write the tags with the CD/Album name
Do the same for Genre if you want.

To automatically fill in the CD Title/Album name - genre, your file name will have to look like this:

The American Folk & Blues Festival Vol 2 - Big Mama Thornton - 16 - Down Home Shakedown - Blues.mp4

That is one long file name! But if you choose to have a file name like that, then on the % values line it will look like this:

%3 - %1 - %5 - %2 - %7

Then if you click/tap 'Populate ALL From Filename' all will be filled in and if 'Auto Save on File Change' has been ticked, then the tags were all re-written.

Here is what the tag will look like when opened with notepad. It is also editable here too!

Now open up the config 4.exe and add your videos to E-Touch!

Fordman

Pinball

I am straightened out so far now. I am learning to finagle the Tagger to get it to do what I want now. I do not fully understand all the syntax and stuff yet but I am plowing through it and getting it to work.

For some reason the Artist Name was being propagated into the %5
Trk No. field.  I had to delete all of them.

Also, I am not sure if you reposition the % values in what effect it will have .  Or where / how those items would be displayed.

%1 - %5 - %2 ,  what if I instead used %2 - %5 -%1
I haven't tried it yet as I am afraid of screwing up all the work I did.
Does the ORDER above matter or will the correct fields be placed on the video album screen regardless of what order the Tagger has them in?

I also discovered an album are search piece in there that is neat. So I am getting some covers for vids I did not have art work for.

I can't figure what TEST does.

I have deleted the 4 VIDEO.xxx files from the E-Touch pgm directory a # of times now, but the last album on my first video screen is repeated as the 1st album on the second screen.  I think there is a bug somewhere.

Thanks again for your help.  I am making headway now.

Randy

fordman

Quote from: Pinball on August 22, 2009, 05:11:24 PM

%1 - %5 - %2 ,  what if I instead used %2 - %5 -%1

In my example, Big Mama Thornton - 16 - Down Home Shakedown.mp4

If I used  the %2 - %5 - %1 then it will show up like this:

Big Momma Thornton as the song title,
the %5 will still be the song number,
then Down Home Shakedown will show up as the Artist.

%2                %5                 %1

Lets break down the files name:

Artist - # - Song title.file type

The file name is broken up by the (-).

most file names are Artist - # - Song title.file type

But some have it as song title - artist.file type. Either way you have it the filename needs to be broken down.

<whatever here> - <whatever here> - <whatever here>
      %1-%7                %1-%7                %1-%7

%1                %5                  %2

So if I had my filenames Down Home Shakedown - 16 - Big Momma Thornton.mp4 then my stings will be %2 - %5 - %1

or if it was just Big Momma Thornton - Down Home Shakedown.mp4 then the string would be %1 - %2

By chance are you missing the %# on the Non MP3 Tagger?

Glad we're making progress!

Fordman