Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Fanart problems

Started by MacGyver, January 27, 2010, 10:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I'm running e-touch v5.00.29, full version. I've got all my ID3 tags in order and for the most part the system is running very well. I've started to add Fanart, most of which was d/loaded from the links provided in a local thread.

ALL my fanart image names match perfectly to the artist names in my music folder; all images are .jpg E-touch is only recognizing a few images. The Beatles works, Def Leppard works, Ray Charles does not, etc. I'd say I have fanart for ~75% of my collection and only ~5-10% actually shows. I see no pattern, rhyme, or reason to which fanart shows and which doesn't. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, re-cofig'ed; to no avail - same problem. All appropriate check boxes are checked in the settings, transparency set to 35, etc...  Any ideas.

Thanks
Mac ???

Barcrest

WOW Only way to fix that is to add some debugging code but i would assume it's a tagging issue not matching the filenames.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

MacGyver

Oh, sometimes its the easy things we overlook. Thanks for your response, it gave me just the  :tommy :chad that I needed. When I sorted through the fanart I had downloaded, I renamed the majority of the .jpg's to match my music folder file structure, ie: "c:\music\charles, ray" my ID3 tag reads "Ray Charles." For some reason I was under the impression that fanart needed to be labeled like the artist folder rather than the tag. Don't know where I got that from. I tried renaming the .jpg to "Ray Charles.jpg" from "Charles, Ray.jpg" and all is well.

I'm stepping away from the computer now, tail between my legs; time for a pint or two.
thanks for the quick response.
Mac