Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Music Videos question

Started by Bondy, September 01, 2009, 09:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bondy

Hi everyone

Got a little question im hoping that i wont get in trouble for asking this, Im sorry Barry if i should'nt have posted this here.

Im wondering where everyone gets there music videos from im having a really tough time finding any or the ones i do find are nasty quality with logos all over them like mtv etc etc

Any help would be great

What Dont Kill Me Only Makes Me Stronger ..... !!

fordman

I get most of my videos from youtube. The quality of the videos are only as good as the person that posted it has. If it's an old VHS converted to avi, mpeg, mp4, wmv or whatever, chances are the quality isnt that great and you might get tracking lines.

As far as logos and watermarks, older 60's -70's - 80's - 90's stuff is hard to find without them unless they were ripped off a DVD collection. Also if someone used a shareware program to rip and encode them, usually shareware will place a watermark on the videos.

To save the videos, I use www.keepvid.com or www.savevid.com. I save them in .mp4 vs .flv for the better quality.

:beer

Fordman

NOTE: The 2 mentioned websites are not endorsed by or the recommedation of the author of E-Touch or any of the moderators that monitor this forum. This posting may be removed a anytime without notice.

bluemeanietsi

IF you're pulling vids from youtube put &fmt=18 at the end of the youtube link before you pull it.  That will give you the HQ version even if wasn't an option for it.

Bondy

Thanks fordman i have tried a few before but never got any good ones but i think i will try again and bluemeanietsi thats a wicked tip mate thanks a lot im going to give that a try now that might make the world of difference in quality

im guessing you both have some pretty large music video collections  :beer

Barcrest

I have several thousand, all different quality.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Orc

Bondy

Several Thousand where did you get all of them barry ?? are they all with out logo's

I have managed to find about 50 without logos and good quality, it's not as easy to find them as i first thought .

I was hoping to find a website with them on or something but most videos are done from the telly so nearly all have logos im trying to find some good youtube rips now tho

Barcrest

You can buy promo DVD's that have them on without logos but ripping them is a pain.

Jukebox Stats...

ajs1544

Ive got over 6000 videos now (not showing off just information) and get them for various different sites not sure if its ok to mention them on here..?..torrent sites etc and forums..as well as you tube..

Barcrest

Quote from: ajs1544 on September 03, 2009, 09:50:47 AM
Ive got over 6000 videos now (not showing off just information) and get them for various different sites not sure if its ok to mention them on here..?..torrent sites etc and forums..as well as you tube..

Don't you find these have intros and outros added to them. All the ones i have seen from those sources seem to have them which does detract a little. To be honest I really need to tidy my videos up.

Jukebox Stats...

ajs1544

Some of the torrent ones have intro's or outro's on them...the ones from forums usually state whether they clean,promo only etc and quality so you can choose....

The ones with intros I usually edit them myself with software to cut any parts out that I dont want although as you say quite a few of  mine could do with clearing up..!

Bondy

Well i have taken fordmans advice and have downloaded a few from youtube and i have to say the hd ones are very good quality so thanks a lot im going to continue to get some from there.

As for downloading them from certain sites i did try that and like barry said they tend to have intro's or outro's on with web addys or the person who did the vid etc which i dont like.

I guess i have just been lazy and expected to just  go to a site and downloaded them and do nothing to them lol.

Thanks to everyone who helped or replied it's much appricated

Nic

justtaint

Newsgroups, when I get home I'll find out which ones I normally check for video's.
Get with a provider that has a long retention and you can quickly get a collection of 1000's or more.
I haven't dl'ed any in a while, but at least 250 were being uploaded daily.