Main Menu

Intel Atom with Nvidia ION

Started by Barcrest, May 11, 2009, 12:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

its-smee

Have a look here -       http://asus.com/ProductGroup1.aspx?PG_ID=7dDelmkESu9DXgVB       check out either the Eee Box Pc or if you have plenty of dosh the Eee Top PC ET 1602 (which is pc built into a touch screen). I run my juke on the Asus Eee Box B202 Pc at the moment, All Asus are based on the intel atom N270. Mine has 1G ram 180G HD and just bolts on to the back of the monitor. Never had any problems yet running jukebox.

The ET1602 is around   £380 in the UK
Specifications
Product Description ASUS Eee Top ET1602 - Atom N270 1.6 GHz - 15.6" TFT
Form Factor All-in-one
Processor 1 x Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz
Hard Drive 1 x 160 GB - standard - Serial ATA-300
Networking Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft)
RAM 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM - 667 MHz
Storage Controller Serial ATA ( Serial ATA-300 )
Graphics Controller Intel GMA 950
Audio Output Sound card - 5.1 channel surround
Type Personal computer
Cache Memory 512 KB L2 Cache
Monitor LCD display - 15.6" - TFT active matrix
OS Provided Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Cache Per Processor 512 KB
Card Reader Yes
Memory Allocation Technology Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0
Weight 4.3 kg

TurnItUp

The Asus ETP1602 and MSI AE1900 do look like nice units.  With the PC and touchscreen all built in, you could have a jukebox running in no time.  Maybe not as much machine as a touchsmart, but it is quite a bit cheaper too and should handle the jukebox software without a problem.

its-smee

Since the last post I have purchased the "ASUS Eee Top ET1602 " and E-box runs pretty good on it. I downloaded the beta version of the widescreen that barcrest is developing and it looks really good. Because of the restricted size of the hard drive 100gig and 40gig partitions I have my music on the larger partition and video's on the smaller, with plenty of room to use the pre-installed software. My collection is not as big as some  ;D I only have 14k of tracks but still have 30gig left to fill up.

Barcrest

I keep mine on external hard drive so the limited hard drive space wouldn't be an issue for me.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

barry i build the silversmith jukebox and have nagged my boss to use your software but no progress however these builds use the atom board and they are very impressive very fast for this job

jukejohn

i use a epia exg1500 in my nsm cab which i got fo £45 of ebay and as far as im aware this board is about 140 quid with a 2.5 200gb drive and igb memory

Barcrest

Quote from: jukejohn on May 31, 2009, 10:05:53 AM
barry i build the silversmith jukebox and have nagged my boss to use your software but no progress however these builds use the atom board and they are very impressive very fast for this job

Damn, it's a shame he won't switch across. I have seen the software ued on those boxes and although it's ok it doesn't seem to have been worked on for a while. So are they based in the UK then? I thought they were US Based.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

no northampton the guy i deal with is spoton makes a big living on jukebox hire for weddings and things the bubbler machine [sound leisure]the cab is built by a car body builders