Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Support more languages.

Started by Barcrest, October 19, 2009, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Anyone think this might be worth while coding in? Really so the options screen can be in a different language, and maybe the config.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Hitbig

I think only English is OK, because is an universal language.

What I support is to create skins (especially button translation) in different languages.

My case I live in a Spanish - English enviroment and would be good to have a skin
in Spanish with the quality of you guys have created.

I did one in Spanish but ..... forget it....

draginit

¡Que guai! sí, si esta facil para tú. Creo que este idea is bien porque estoy aún aprendiendo español y siempre buscando para cosas que ayuda. ;)  Pero para mi solo, es no pasa nada. jeje, me gusta el idea solo. ¡Pero se lo abriré tu programa para otro partes del mundo!  Y me gustaría hacer un moderator para el sector de foro para españoles.  ;D

-translation,..more or less-
Thats cool! yes, if this is easy for you to implement.  The idea is good because i am still learning spanish and always looking for things to help me. but for just me is no big deal, lol.. i just like the idea a lot! but this could open up your pragram to other parts of the world, And i would like to be one of the moderators/translators...if needed...for the section of the forum of spanish speakers  :P
:beer

--but overall, after reading hitbigs post,,hes prolly right on the whole universal language thing :P
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

dedos

same as above, My family and in laws live in what my son likes to call "Spanish world".  Spanish would be great since I'm going to recommend this to them.  

Don't know why someone who lives in a country for more than 10 years hasn't picked up English. =(

ecbrad

I think it would be a positive.

Brad

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

I think if you could include language packs and let other languages submit them, but you then would have to create some kind of button system that allowed for text to appear on top of images otherwise they would be in english which defeats the purpose of having submitable language packs.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Quote from: kizer on October 21, 2009, 11:06:45 PM
I think if you could include language packs and let other languages submit them, but you then would have to create some kind of button system that allowed for text to appear on top of images otherwise they would be in english which defeats the purpose of having submitable language packs.

That is the problem, i would have to dynamically alter the images or skins would have to be created for specific languages. It was just a thought but it's clear it's not really fesible.

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Since Coffee is creating new buttons for the Default skins anyway, we can just create language packes to replace the default english button images with the language needed. The actual pages really don't need to be changed as long as the buttons are in the correct language. When we decide on a final button design, if Coffee wants to give me the psd files for the buttons I'll do a German version for the buttons, since I am currently taking a German class. I'm sure we could get someone to also do the Spanish and so on for each language.

kizer

Yeah as long as somebody is willing to do the changes I think multiple languages would be cool.

Of course you would need a translator and a button creator.

Just depends on how much work both are willing to do. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)