Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Couple of video questions

Started by Baker, October 09, 2013, 04:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baker

Hi guys,

Loving the software - just setting up my video files on it now for a video jukebox.

Couple of questions:

• What is the easiest way to get thumbnails for each of my videos? I've got them in a song per folder layout as opposed to Artist/song
  • Is there any way that I can make the software automatically show the video in full screen on selection, perhaps with a timeout (I tried using the attract settings and the "now playing", but it just displayed a thumbnail)
  • Is there an option for the song name to be displayed if there is no album name, or do I need to re-tag my files?

Thanks!

Barcrest

Quote from: Baker on October 09, 2013, 04:15:36 AM
Hi guys,

Loving the software - just setting up my video files on it now for a video jukebox.

Couple of questions:

• What is the easiest way to get thumbnails for each of my videos? I've got them in a song per folder layout as opposed to Artist/song
  • Is there any way that I can make the software automatically show the video in full screen on selection, perhaps with a timeout (I tried using the attract settings and the "now playing", but it just displayed a thumbnail)
  • Is there an option for the song name to be displayed if there is no album name, or do I need to re-tag my files?

Thanks!

In the advanced config you can use track title for album name specifically for this purpose. Sounds like you are going for the same look as the sound leisure machines. I usually use an image of the artist for the videos but you will probably want a screen grab from the video in question, i'm not sure how to go about doing that.

You can make the videos full screen on the now playing screen however for a videos output to a second screen such as a TV is highly recommended due to the fact that people will be still wanting to queue up music and thus obstructing the video anyway.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...