Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Video database problem

Started by ant2110, July 28, 2014, 09:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ant2110

Hi,
I have added some video files to the database, I ticked the option that uses filename where no tag info exists (as non of my video files do)
When complete, the opening screen shows no video files at all. When I go to search videos, if I start typing "a" for example I get the 5 entries populated above the track name, and if I select one of these I can queue and play it, but if I click "search all tracks" (the button under the 5 tracks it's populated, nothing is returned.
It must be able to search for the filename as it fills the 'top 5' above the track search, but when clicking on search all tracks nothing.
So I have the situation where unless it comes up in the top 5 I can't select it..

What do I need to do?

(Audio is fine)

Many thanks,
Ant.

Barcrest

Your videos need to be tagged using the non mp3 tagger included with the app.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ant2110

;D  - Guess there was some documentation somewhere I should've read....

ant2110

One last thing...

The Album page that appears on the main screen, is fine for my MP3 files as most are in album folders.
However, my videos are all random in a single folder, which obviously just shows on the album page as one album.

Is there a way of showing all my video titles on the main page (searchable via the letter buttons) without having to place each video into a separate folder?

Thanks!

Barcrest

Quote from: ant2110 on July 29, 2014, 05:31:14 PM
One last thing...

The Album page that appears on the main screen, is fine for my MP3 files as most are in album folders.
However, my videos are all random in a single folder, which obviously just shows on the album page as one album.

Is there a way of showing all my video titles on the main page (searchable via the letter buttons) without having to place each video into a separate folder?

Thanks!

No the only way is to place them  in a separate folder, however this does work well as you can give each it's own image. Personally I group them by artist which tidies them up and allows you to use an artist image for the cover.

Jukebox Stats...

ant2110

Barcrest

If you have 1 video perfolder then turn on the option in E-touch to jump to play options for single track. There is no need to see the list of tracks on single albums.

Jukebox Stats...