Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Search for Audio & Video together

Started by Ant2110, December 29, 2015, 02:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant2110

Hi,

Is there a way for the search screen to bring up results for both Audio and Video on the one screen screen and be able to add  to queue, rather than searching for a track on the Audio screen and then switching to video and searching again...?

Ant.

Ant2110

Yes, fair point :-)  I was assuming that the search option (if available) would not be skin specific.

I am using the latest version and the Touchgeni skin

Many thanks

Mark Norville

OK so I talk some shit sometimes ;)

At the moment yes you do need to click on each one in turn to do a search, so for example for other newbies

Click on videos - search videos
Click on audio - search mp3's
Click on karaoke - search karaoke tracks

I think a while back, Barry mentioned about possibly looking at combining all the results together and just having one search but I am not sure if this is still the case or not. Barry is still on holiday mode I think.

I was getting confused with the search for track, album and artist.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

There is the option of "search all" if no track is found in a specific library. It might be possible to move this button to the search page in the skin tool.

Ant2110

Did you get anywhere with this Mark?

If the 'search all' was on the the search page that would work.

I also wonder if on the main home screen,  the track display could be made to show combined video AND audio tracks without having to choose from the category buttons..?

I mean when searching for an audio track, it wont matter if a video is chosen, the track will still be heard. I just think the option to have them all available from a single pool would be nice.

Barcrest

There was an option for this already, i have moved it on the new release to the same place as the default library.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Ant2110

What does that mean lol....  I just think get rid of the Audio / Video / Karaoke buttons altogether (or at least an option to) and then everything you see and search for is 'looking' at everything in the database.

Mark Norville

I have to apologise for the Boss he is a brummie and they do not speak English.

If you go to admin and general settings

You will see default database/filter/search

You have an option to search current library or all libraries. Current library will only search e.g audio, karaoke and then all libraries will search everything.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Ant2110

That sounds like just what I need :)

I will try it out - thanks