Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Android or Iphone/Ipad app idea

Started by Negcreep0, October 01, 2010, 03:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Negcreep0

I know its easy to say hey "someone" should develop an app for freebox that can be used to control the software from a phone....... im sure it takes many hours of programming etc. but would be a cool idea nonetheless..... imagine being able to see realtime on your phone whats playing now and being able to add to the que etc..... would give Sonos music system/ ipad app a run for its money... Android/iphone market is a big money maker with tons of future marketability.

James77

Barcrest

I will ask someone i know that already makes android apps. Don't know how much he would charge you though.

Because there would need to be a link to it i'm assuming it would be done over wifi. Basically it would work very simular to the web reporting we have right now with a few additions.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

There an Android Remote out for the XBox Media Center (XBMC Remote) http://xbmc.org/freezy3k/2010/07/13/official-xbmc-remote-for-android/ which does exactly what it should for ETouch, so this may be a good example of what would work. I've tried it at home and it works pretty nicely. If the Android App could send key presses that may be a way to control ETouch.

James77

I would need it for the Iphone though, I do not have an android.

phil1023

andowhy

I currently use my iPad as a remote viewer via LogMeIn, its basically just a remote connection to the jukebox via wifi but lets me control the juke from anywhere in the house with very little lag.

Havent tried it with my iphone as the ipad does the trick

squirrellydw

Devs make a lot more money with Apple than Android
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

leeclark2612

andowhy, what app are you using? all i'm interested in is 'remote control' features, could be useful to me...
cheers in advance...

Tamsy

There also is a program called TeamViewer. They have a iPhone/iPad application and they offer free version for non commercial use.

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx

You just need to make sure you install the unattended version on the jukebox.

Still would be keep for a app that sends keystrokes instead of remote into the box. It then offers the ability to skip songs when someone is still using the jukebox.
What's playing on my jukebox now...