News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Any way to fix songs showing up as 0:00 for time?

Started by eist1, April 20, 2007, 04:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eist1

There are many songs that when in the track listing are shoing up as 0:00 for time, but they play just fine. Also if I open the album up in Tag & Rename, it shows all of the times correctly. I have tried resaving the tags, but after rebuilding the album via config3, it is still showing up a 0:00. Was hoping there is something out there that can repair these. Thanks

Here's what I'm seeing in the track listing:

eist1

Found a fix for this.... If anyone else is having a similar issue I found a freeware program called VBRFIX just do a search for it and you should be able to find it. Just give it the folder you want to scan, and check the Include Sub Directories, and then configure what other options you need and it will scan all files and repair the ID3 tag so Freebox will be able to read the Track Length correctly.

steev

I have a similar problem, but the songs won't play either.  I can't find anything wrong with them.  Should I try VBRfix ya think?

-s

netcat

i still really really like that  harley skin.

hint hint

eist1

I had the same issue where the VBR albums would not play, it just kept skipping to the next song until the album ended. I had to convert the album to CBR (Constant Bitrate) for the album to play. Maybe Barry could look into why the VBR albums have issues playing. VBRFix did not do anything to help the problem.

steev

what did you use to convert to constant bitrate?

-s

eist1

I used Audio Conversion Wizard which I had to buy, but I'm sure there are many others out there that can do the same thing for free (freeware)

Barcrest

You can convert to wav using the winamp disc writter plugin and then convert back to MP3, but how much quality you would loose i can't say.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Barry,

Do you know why Freebox has issuesm playing VBR recordings? I've had issues in the past, the VBR MP3's play fine on other players, but Freebox does not play them, it just skips the song.

Barcrest

I am assuming it's something to do with the active movie that i am using to play the songs. I don't think i have an VBR mp3's to test, mail a couple over and i will take a look.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...