Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Eject USB device via command Line

Started by kizer, May 24, 2007, 08:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

I know coffee has been looking for a way to autoupdate via memory stick. Im currently trying to find a solution since I know its high on his priority list.

Im trying to tackle 3 solutions.

1. run app upon USB insertion - still looking for
2. app to run is a copy script. - I have that figured out so far. http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forums/index.php?topic=152.0
3. a way to unload USB after above app is complete. Well check this out and so far it works great when I run it. http://help.wugnet.com/windows/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=392198&ex=programmatically-stop-USB

I use this in command line.
deveject.exe -EjectDrive:E:   - The E being the letter of your drive or in this case USB.

So if you coupled what I have done in 2 with what I found in 3 in the app it would copy and then eject your USB device after it was done copying files. I have a lead on an autoupate, but I'll need some time to acquire it. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

coffee

Hi Kizer

I really value your effort. Thanks Bro.

Coffee

Barcrest

Auto run should be via an autoplay.inf file the same as a CD. The other stuff i am not sure about.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Yeah from what I gather and I'll find the webpage again with the instructions. You are supposed to be able to in XP with at least service pack 2.

Within your my computer
Right mouse on thumbstick
Enable AutoPlay
A dialog box will popup when you insert your memory stick.
You should be able to browse to whatever app you want it to run when the memory stick is inserter and click the always box.

I haven't tried it all yet, but I will. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

There we go. ;)

I'll put together a cheesie zip file if somebody wants one and all you'll have to do is change your drive letters. Meaning it would autorun, copy and disconnect when its done. Or at least it should hahaha.

From what I understand so far XP is only supported with that stuff, but I have 2K and I"ll see what else I can figure out.

kizer

Ok, I ran into a small snag. However I think I might have a work around and Im going to figure it out if it kills me.

I've figured out how to eject a USB via command line, however if you execute the command from the USB drive it can not do it because the USB drive is open. Meaning you have to run the command from off the USB drive.

Im thinking insert the commands on the host machine and when thumbstick is inserted it would run the commands from the host machine opposed to from off the USB stick.

If all goes well I'll have this figured out this weekend. ;) "I think" I have a 2000 fix as well.

coffee

Hi Kizer

I am looking to use a " USB2.0 2.5 Harddisk Enclosure"  to auto update my database. It should be easy for it to automaticly copy the files on it to your specified database.
My question is can Freebox somehow update its libraries automaticly each time it starts up? If it can do it like this I think it should do it. I have a UPS build into the machine, so it shouldn't be an issue if it takes a bit longer to startup.

Coffee

kizer

Well what I do is what I've shown you a few times is I have my files on a USB memory stick and I just click on an icon and it copies and updates my library. No keyboard used.

As well I use Task manager, which at midnight it automatically builds the jukebox library so If I add or change anything it builds automatically so I dont forget. It as well uses the little batch script I wrote to update the library.

coffee

Thanks Kizer

I haven't tried it yet but I'll do it soon so I think then I will have a better idea and understand it better.
I will check your posts again when I get there. I did check the links you provided but it is a technical for me. Thanks again for the effort you have put into this.

Coffee

kizer

Sure, tell you what let me help you out some. ;)

Give me the drive letters and paths of where your files are coming from and where they are going.

Meaning if you insert a thumbdrive and its G: and your files are on it at G:\MP3\ Tell me that.
as well tell me the path of where your files are stored on your jukebox. Say they are E:\MP3\

It might get a complicated if you store your files odd like unless you just dump all your files into one folder. I'll see what I can type up for you so you can just click one icon and it will do the rest for you.

Drop me a PM then we can go from there.

coffee

Hey thanks Kizer.

I'll just make sure of all the drive letters and folders and then I will PM you.

kizer

Yeah. I'll give it a shot and if it doesn't work it didn't cost you anything and I'll just be changing a line or two in what I've done already.

kizer

coffee

Hi Kizer

Sorry dude, I've been a bit pre-ocupied myself lately. I will try and make some time for it this weekend.
I am currently busy sorting out a way to equalize the videos and it has taken 2 days full days now apart from any previous playing with it. I just need to sort out a problem with a command line switch and it will be finished.

Thanks for your effort dude.
Coffee