Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Karaoke (MP3+G) files - How to show correctly

Started by surf, May 29, 2007, 03:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surf

I need a little help.  I have thousands of MP3+G (2 files) each in it's own folder.  I've tried tagging them correctly with artist and then each artist having the same album name. 

What I'd like to show up in freebox is the artist name and then when you select it you get the songs, however I'm getting each song shown seperately.  How in the world do I go about grouping them?

I'm using an older version of Freebox (will post version when I find it).

Thanks for any help!

Barcrest

You are using the public version. If you want to group them then you need each album to be in it's own folder. What you ideally want to do is sort them into folders that you want to show as albums.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

surf

So whether files are tagged or not, it still reads each folder as a seperate album, not grouping the album on the tags?

Barcrest - PM me with an address that I can send some $ to, I think that I even have a few euros left over from a trip!

Thanks...

Barcrest

Quote from: surf on May 30, 2007, 04:04:39 AM
So whether files are tagged or not, it still reads each folder as a seperate album, not grouping the album on the tags?

Barcrest - PM me with an address that I can send some $ to, I think that I even have a few euros left over from a trip!

Thanks...

Yes it groups on folders... So you need each album in it's own folder. To be honest this is the best way as you can then have the album art for each album in that folder and tends to be the way most software works with mp3's. One folder full of files is not really supported by any jukebox software i know, however you could use simple juke if you want to go down this route. The source code is posted on here. That works with a folder full of mp3's...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...