Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Is this possible .. or maybe request

Started by JosephShelton, February 07, 2010, 09:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cary_B

I tried this out on my setup, and it seems to work ok for me.  I do have a couple of quick questions though.  Did you ever run update on your library?  When you deleted the .cvr files in the GENRE folder, did you also delete all the .cvr files in the ARTIST and YEARS folder?

This sounds like the problem I was having using the update function of the config.  Barry has put out a new version of the config that seems to fix the problem with repeating and missing albums in the .cvr files when using update and filters.  He released it in the BETA forum not sure when he will put it into a new build, and release it to the general public.  When it gets released, this may fix some of your problems.

corus75

Just a thought but double check the artist name is exactly the same for each album, they will be all collated together on the main screen as it in alphabetical order. but REM or R.E.M will be in separate groups, when set as artists.

only a thought as I had some files that where say 'REM .mp3' & REM.mp3
Loud is not loud until the neighbours dare knock on the door!!
(even then you've got a few more hours)

Hitbig

Quote from: JosephShelton on February 07, 2010, 09:44:03 AM
Yeah something to that effect.  Even without the art even just a list of artists as words would be good.  The idea is for a tiny like.. seven inch screen.  so if you had the buttons you needed and the covers would not take up much space on the screen where you could get at least 4 to 6 artists listed and be able to tell what they are.

Joseph :
If you want to play with the skintool there is an option in the File Control/Setting thats says "Text only List of Albums"
If you check it what you'd have is texts only in album view and in filters. There you can change the view of
every screen according to what you want.

** The play option screen will show the graphics as well as track listing.
    Of course you can change these screens too.

Well, we have to invest a bit of time to put things our way, but is 100% rewarding.
:beer

JosephShelton

Thanks for all the help and ideas.  I'm going to dig into it more here soon when I get some time off again.  I'm just going at it a little at a time right now. 

I think my bigest problems come from vista though at this point.