Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New Juke Box Build Status...

Started by typhoon411, April 16, 2012, 08:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

typhoon411

Welp, now that I got the Matrix Bill Validators working (Thanks Barry and Coffee!) and I feel like this can all become a reality :) I'm working on building the physical cases for the jukeboxes themselves... HEre goes the pictures:

Measuring/designing on the fly...

I took the front plastic off of my touchscreen and fiber-glassed it with resin into the wood. The point in doign this was to lock in the frame of the screen flush with the wood. I'm going to fiberglass the entire box and bondo it with body filler and sand the entire thing to look like one piece!

A picture of the box built:

Keyboard Hack - I solider off the power button of the laptop I'm using as the system to drive the jukebox so I can relocate reset switches underneath the jukebox

A close up...

Same for the monitors (to control the monitor for the outside:)

This is a prototype of the two boxes assembled:

Another:

Next Steps:

• 1. cut holes for two matrix validators in each unit
  • 2. sand the entire box and smoot out the corners
  • 3. fiberglass and sand the entire box
  • 4. wet sand the bondo-ed box and paint (car paint)
  • 5. relocate all switches to the bottom of hte unit
  • 6. mount all components
  • 7. tune the software (music library)
  • 8. Mount in my basement
  • 9. Pay Barry for Commercial License  ;D

To get an idea of how smooth this will come out form a look perspective check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG-pkpPIV1Y

Rock on...

Oldsrulez

What is the model number of the bill acceptor you are using?

Barcrest

You should have built those with the front opening. I assume you are going to wall mount them from the look of them, with all the elctronics in the front there will be too much weight on that hinge when you open them.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

typhoon411

Barry,

Good call... but since I'm fiber glassing the entire front portion, I wanted them to open from the rear so no hinge is seen, and I can maintain a smooth look on the front etc... The only weight is the box itself, the screen and two bill validators. Not too big of a deal.

That said, since reading your post I did go test that out and since I used a continuous it holds the weight ok. I'll post more pictures when I have everything installed.

Thanks, 

Joe

typhoon411

Oldsrulez,

The bill acceptors are MX-B-F2-USA. They are discontinued. I recently bought a lot of 30 of them fully refurbished and flashed to the latest firmware, which I'll be packaging up and selling on e-bay. Let me know if you are interested in the units.

Thanks,

Joe

Oldsrulez

I am interested.

Is there a USB coin acceptor that works with this software, or do I have to get that ipac board to hook up a coin acceptor?

typhoon411

The Matrix unit is supported seamlessly. I just went through the configuration myself as documented here:
http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=4095.0

I'm putting together a video walk through for the setup. Barry has done a great job making this unit work so seamlessly.

As for coin acceptors, I think your best bet here is to get any number of the mechanical/electrical units and use the IPac... If your using it as a novelty I could see using coins, else bills are the way to go.

Thanks,

Joe

Barcrest

Quote from: typhoon411 on April 17, 2012, 10:55:23 PM
As for coin acceptors, I think your best bet here is to get any number of the mechanical/electrical units and use the IPac... If your using it as a novelty I could see using coins, else bills are the way to go.

See this is where the US and UK differ, here we have £1 and £2 coins so all jukeboxes are set up for coins, i have yet to see one with a note acceptor. Our smallest note is £5 and I doubt anyone want's to hear that much music LOL. If we still have the £1 note then I can see why a bill acceptor would be the prefered method.

Glad your hinges held up, look forward to seeing the finished item.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

typhoon411

Ahhhh yes, the uk... ; )

I'll post Picts as soon as i get through the next stage.

Thx!

eist1

If anyone is interested I have a MEI Series 2000 Bill Acceptor that can be used with an IPAC Board, I'm not using it so if $50 sounds good it's yours....