Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Random play m3u playlist question

Started by urbecrisch, May 19, 2013, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

I used to use wmp to create my playlists and then copy them to the PLAYLIST folder in etouch.  I am working on a new playlist using Winamp and exported the m3u to etouch PLAYLIST folder. When etouch is running I highlight the m3u file and it does not play in random mode. Am I doing something wrong?

Barcrest

Do you have the playlists turned on for random play, post a screenshot of your random play settings.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Here'e the pic.  The CPU cursor "thinks"  and then it will tell me the program is not responding.  The same m3u file works when I play it in Winamp so I am confused as to why it will not work.

Barcrest

Is it falling foul of the do not repeat track for 20 tracks and do not repeat artist for 5 tracks? What does your playlist contain? Try turning those options off and see if it plays. With those options set your playlist needs to have at least 21 songs with 6 artists for it not to hit a point where it cannot play anything.

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Should be fine. The file contains over 500 tracks with at least 300 artists. I will try resetting the repeat track and artist back to 1 and see what happens.

Barcrest

Does the playlist open ok from the playlist screen?

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

No, the playlist will not open in the PLAYLIST screen.  It works in Winamp so I'm confused why it won't work in etouch.

Barcrest

Quote from: urbecrisch on May 23, 2013, 04:11:24 PM
No, the playlist will not open in the PLAYLIST screen.  It works in Winamp so I'm confused why it won't work in etouch.

It is incorrectly formatted then if it will not work from the playlist screen then it will not work in the random play section.

Jukebox Stats...