duplicate covers

Started by Nixs, June 06, 2010, 02:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nixs

how do i add music later on without getting duplicate cover art on the sliders
everytime i add music it adds the same cover again

thanks!!

fordman

Do a rebuild of the library vs. Updating. I get the same problem when updating. So, I just build a new library everytime I add new tunes!

Fordman

Barcrest

So are you guys saying update doesn't work? Where are you seeing the duplication when using update?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Barry,

I have found that the update always just duplicates what is currently in the library but adds the new additions as well. This has been a long time issue that I thought has been reported, but I just got myself in the habit of a complete rebuild of my library when adding new tunes.

If I hit update 3-4 times (closing the config after each update) it will duplicate each time. This is with the V5 config. I'll check with the V6 and report in the beta section.

Fordman

Barcrest

This should have long since been fixed with V6. That is what i wanted the report on. I await your reply.....

Jukebox Stats...

Nixs

thats correct
everytime i add new music it adds all the old covers again plus it adds just one cover for the new stuff
this is with the latest version 6 that i'm using

corus75

Because of this duplicating issue, To prevent this I delete all the files out of the GENRE / ARTIST / YEARS folders prior to update.

I seem to have a problem with V6 update. It comes up straight away showing album loaded, but then starts doing a full re-generate of library thus duplicating all thumdnails. (says updating but is actually regenerating)
Loud is not loud until the neighbours dare knock on the door!!
(even then you've got a few more hours)

Barcrest

So is the update duplicating everything in the mian album view as well as in the genre libraries. this is what i don't understand as i don't see it happening myself.

Jukebox Stats...