News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Bug in second monitor after random play?

Started by DayOff, May 13, 2012, 12:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DayOff

Not sure if this is a bug or some unique thing on my end..

Had a fresh install of the latest freebox, and set up the second monitor (Monitor #1, positioned to the left of monitor #2 which is the touchscreen and primary monitor).  Monitor #1 was showing full screen music videos just fine, monitor #2 was showing the selection screen...then I went into the settings and enabled random play, saved settings, exited, restarted the app, and now nothing comes up on monitor #1, the music video starts up before the selection screen is fully running on monitor #2 (music starts while the skin is loading), and then the music video is hidden behind the selection screen on monitor #2.  I see then when I go into settings and take things out of full screen mode...

The only way I could get it back was to remove monitor #1 completely and reboot, connected it again and set up the location again within windows by select 'detect' in the graphic properties, and then running freebox.  However, now the problem is that i'm using my touchscreen (monitor #2) and the cursor is moving around on monitor #1...

I know this is a crappy set of details and a ton of variables in the mix...but thought I'd pass it along in case it comes up for anyone else out there...will try to post any solutions or things that I notice in my setup.  Running on Win 7 64 bit with nvidia drivers, dual vga monitors, two separate cards, etc..

Pete

Barcrest

The second screen needs to be positioned to the right of the main screen.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DayOff

Yeah, I found that on another thread, along with a script to run to verify it was detecting two monitors (along with some resolution coordinates).  I have monitor #2 to the left of monitor #1, #1 is primary and extending(to the left to monitor 2), and monitor 2 is specified in the settings...it was all working great, I turned on random play and now I can't get it back.

I tried running through some redetection/etc in windows, a few reboots and monitor # swaps, but I can't seem to get the video to output to monitor #2 again.  Anything else I can try to do to troubleshoot?  I can get it output behind my non-full frame jukebox on monitor #1, but that's it..when I play now, I just don't see any video at all...just hear it..

Pete

Barcrest

Monitor 2 should be to the right of the main screen not the left like you have it.

Jukebox Stats...

Thalfura

barry is right that it needs to be to the right of screen. my settings.....

in windows 7 i have my 2nd screen set as monitor 1 on the left and my touch screen as monitor 2 on the right.

i have monitor 2 set as my primary display...

i have ticked "extend display across both screens"

***In etouch*** ( If you have this wrong you will have nothing but grief )

in appearance setting under setup.....

put a tick in "use second monitor"

The choose monitor 3 as the device.....

save everything and shutdown etouch and restart your pc.... upon reboot to etouch all should be good fingers crossed.

Andy

DayOff

Thanks guys - I have it on track now... but I'm not quite sure it makes sense to me, though... What I did was set the jukebox software to show videos on monitor 3 and it started working fine (I know I tried this before at some point, but it seemed to work fine...  But I saw your message and set my touchscreen (Monitor 1) on the left, my music video screen to the right (Monitor2) and it still didn't work with Freebox set to showing videos only on monitor 2.  I set it to 3, and it worked.  I'm running the monitor identification in windows to put a number up on the screens, just to verify my sanity and it's showing my touchscreen as 1, other monitor is 2... and if i move my mouse to the right, it goes off of screen 1 and onto the left side of screen two...

So it's working...just not quite sure why.  I saw someone else pointing out putting monitor 3 in the setting, and it just seemed to do the trick.

I do notice the overlay of 'now playing' is sort of odd on monitor 2...the video shrinks down and goes on top of the 'now playing' data...then when the now playing disappears, the video goes back to full screen.  When I add a song to the queue, the video goes from fullscreen to a smaller box while the white bar on the bottom of the video screen shows the confirmation of the video being added...

Just passing along details if it rings any bells or is something that shouldn't be taking place...

Thanks! I'm almost there...:)
Pete

Barcrest

Sounds like it's working correctly now, i don't use the now playing info on that screen myself as it doesn't look good with videos.

Jukebox Stats...

bud69gto

Thanks guys. This worked perfect to setup my Windows 7.