Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

wmv tagged tracks coming up as untagged

Started by ScAtMaN, November 15, 2008, 07:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScAtMaN

I have a lot of albums in .wmv format that freebox cannot see the tags of.
In the config program they show up as Artist: No Tag Album: No Tag but they show up fine everywhere else, in WMP, Silverjuke, etc.  If I right click a track in explorer all the fields are filled in and present under the advanced summary and Tag and rename has no problem seeing them.
I read on here that someone had a problem with old v1 tags so I have tried using the sync tool in Tag and rename, with no change.  I have also used Tag and rename to download new tag information but that didn't cure it either, the config tool, after using the update library tool still cant read them.
I have the latest version of Media player installed with no plugins.

Just to repeat, this is only with those albums in WMV format.

Anyone have any suggestions, it's starting to drive me nuts now  :tommy

eist1

Are they .wmv or .wma? If they are videos .wmv, you will need to use the betatag.exe in Freebox (non-mp3 tagger), but if they are songs, .wma, Freebox does not fully support .wma, and there have been issues in the past with .wma tags. What some have done is convert them to .mp3's.

ScAtMaN

Sorry, must have had some sort of brain fart!  I meant .wma

It would be a bit of a pain to convert them, there must be 70-80 albums affected but if that's my only fix.  :(

Orc

Yea I was having probs with wma.....

Had to convert about 30(ish) albums....

I used the batch convert in dbpoweramp....

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Although Tom over at Gameex has just released a free one....

http://www.spesoft.com/spesoftaudioconverter.aspx

I have not used it so I don't know what it is like, but maybe worth a look...

ScAtMaN

Thanks for the links Orc, must be a mind reader as my next question was gonna be if anyone could recommend a good free converter!  :D