Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Loading album covers in freebox

Started by chromer2828, November 04, 2008, 07:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromer2828

Hi All,
      I have downloaded v4 and found it to be excellent software. Only problem i have is i can't work out how to add the album covers. Sorry to be green but i have read the manual and still can't work it out. Can anybody give me a step by step process (idiots guide)

I also want to know how i go about buying the full version as i think it great sofware

best regards Craig

Felix T Cat

My album covers are stored in the directory with the album and labeled as Folder.jpg .  When you run the configuration tool there is a check mark on the left hand side for "Generate Image Thumbnails", check that and then under it there is a box "Source Cover Name".  In my case I change that to folder.jpg.

Barcrest

I name all my covers cover.jpg as folder.jpg can get changed by WMP if you don't have WMP set correctly. You can specify first cover found in freebox but have the same name works best.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

chromer2828

Hi, 
   thanks for the help, i have tryed that but no luck. do the images i have have to be a certain size to work

thanks again Craig

Barcrest

In each folder you need to have a cover.jpg ideally as this is how it was designed. If you didn't generate the small images when you made your database using the config then you need to set your small image filename to also be cover.jpg for it to work. I assume you see the image on the tracklisting screen but not on the album browse screen, if so this is because it's looking for coversmall.jpg (By default) you need to change that to cover.jpg or generate the database again and let it make the the small cover thumbnails for you.

Jukebox Stats...

chromer2828

I still can't get a single cover to show up on any screen. Have no idea why it seems so hard. i have a cover in the folder with the mp3's called cover.jpg. In the config file it is set cover.jpg but still nothing.
   Need to load these covers to make it look more like a jukebox

Anymore help please

Barcrest

Are you sure the cover.jpg isn't hidden?

Jukebox Stats...

chromer2828

hi again,
             right here is what i have. I have the album in my c:drive named NOW69. This folder contans the MP3 files. In this same folder is a file called cover.jpg which is a front cd cover from the album, one i got of the internet and is 510kb in size. I open the config file and browse for this folder and load the album. This bit works fine. I have the source filename as cover.jpg and create new thumbnails ticked. When the program loads there is no cover.
   I'm not green with computers but can't sus this at all.

I want this to work as i have it loaded on a jukebox and want to buy it when i can get it sorted.

thanks in advance Craig

Orc

Have you started freebox....Gone into options-->Appearence settings---> Cover Filename options---> Unticked display 1st image found and entered the name of your images ?

Like mine are...

Large cover name = front.jpg.....

Small cover name = front-170.jpg

Barcrest

mine is cover.jpg and coversmall.jpg with i think are the defaut settings...

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Also with your file name make sure its cover.jpg because I know some people have actually renamed a gif file to jpg and that would cause problems.

Trust me it works and there might be just a silly thing that is being over looked.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)