Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

hangs when generating library

Started by robbstech, December 02, 2009, 12:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbstech

quick question, downloaded the new verson of e-touch, and when i run the config, i select the music folder but when i click generate library, it comes up working and just hangs there!

what could be the problem?

also which check boxes to i need to click on the left hand side?

thanks
rob

Barcrest

When you say it is hanging how long have you left it for? It can seem like it's hung when it's actually working.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

robbstech

okay, i will just let it run for a while and see what happens! thanks

Barcrest

How many albums are you building it on? It takes about 1-2 hours to finish for 250,000 albums to give you an idea.

Jukebox Stats...

robbstech

sorted it, i turned off uac and run it as administrator and it take a few seconds now thanks

Barcrest

Ah i guess you have vista or windows 7. You do need to run as administrator on those O/S's

Jukebox Stats...

robbstech

yeah windows 7, love the operating system and e-touch works so much faster on 7 then it does on vista, even on the same machine!

thanks barry

ecbrad

Quote from: Barcrest on December 02, 2009, 11:40:15 AM
How many albums are you building it on? It takes about 1-2 hours to finish for 250,000 albums to give you an idea.

Geez I thought waiting 15-20mins on mine was bad!

Brad

Barcrest

Quote from: ecbrad on December 03, 2009, 12:41:23 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on December 02, 2009, 11:40:15 AM

Geez I thought waiting 15-20mins on mine was bad!

Brad

How many albums you got? Try using PCJukebox that used to crash after 14 hours on my machine building the library.

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Tell me about it. Seriously the the only jukebox software apps that didn't hang building my library is E-Touch, SK Jukebox and Arcade Jukebox. I have no idea how these other guys are doing it but they're shit LOL!

Brad