Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

"Filter by" not working when using a different Homescreen in skin tool

Started by simonkg, August 21, 2011, 10:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonkg

Hi

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

As part of my custom skin I would like to have the collections page as the home page. I've adjusted it so you can still see the main menu for navigation and set it in the skin tool and it does appear as the homescreen ok.

Using the collections works fine and I can filter that way. But if I use a normal "Filter by" genre, year or artist it doesn't seem to show the correct results. It shows the last chosen results from the collections. Going up/down a page does nothing and selcting spin on this changes all results to the same album.

A bit of a play with different homescreens and some seem to work and others not. Having now playing as a home page for example works but having the filter by genre doesn't.

Is it me or is something going wrong?

Could someone also explain the difference betwen the "Default Screen" and the "Default Home Screen" please?

Thanks for your help!
Simon

Barcrest

If you want to send me your skin over I will have a play, it does sound like there might be a bug. It would be easier to test it with your skin.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

simonkg

The same problem is present with the default 1024x768 skin.

Using a flat install and just moving the collections screen over in skin tool to see the menu buttons I can get the odd filter by behaviour. I had thought it was the changes I'd made to my skin but it seems apparent with the supplied skins.

Thanks

Barcrest

So what did you change in the default skin? I will replicate it here then.

Jukebox Stats...

simonkg

The only change I made was to set the collection screen as the homescreen and shift the collection screen over a bit so that I can see the menu buttons.

Using the collections screen works but if you try to filter by genre the results are strange.

Thnx

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

simonkg