News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Would E-Touch be able to use this for coin and dollar validators?

Started by Oldsrulez, April 11, 2012, 03:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

It needs to send a key press to the PC i don't think that one does.

You can use a USN Matrix bill acceptor or an ipac to hook up a normal coin validator.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Oldsrulez

Quote from: Barcrest on April 11, 2012, 08:37:51 AM
It needs to send a key press to the PC i don't think that one does.

You can use a USN Matrix bill acceptor or an ipac to hook up a normal coin validator.

After a short period of searching, I began to wonder if you meant USB Matrix bill acceptor?

Can you give me some parameters to use for my search, to ensure I find the right bill and coin acceptor? This stuff is Greek because I really don't understand what your software wants. I've read about pulse devices, and a couple other types I've forgotten, but none that talk about keypresses.

Do  you have any links to bill and coin acceptors that you've tested?

Barcrest

Yes i did mean USB Matrix.

You can find info about connecting up coin mechs on any arcade building forum or mame forum. Connecting a mech for E-Touch is exactly the same. I used an ipac and a C220 coin mech which sends out a low voltage pulse for a coin and the ipac converts that to a key press. I have only used this combination myself but i added the USB matrix support by request of somebody on here and they confirmed it works.

Jukebox Stats...

Oldsrulez

Doing more searching, what do you think of this?

http://www.weavefuture.com/jukebox_software.htm

I don't go to that site on purpose, it just happens to come up during searches and seemed like it might work.

I'm not sure if I have to buy their interface board along with the coin and bill validator. Need to read their site more.

FYI Update:
I E-mailed the company. They said the link above contains the coin mech, bill validator, built-in interface boards, and software to convert to key-press input to the computer.

Barcrest

Does seem like that should work fine, I will drop them an email so they can test it with E-Touch.

Jukebox Stats...

Oldsrulez

Unfortunately, it is 669.00 to buy the two items. Wow! Plus, on top of that is the jukebox software with the option to accept money. I guess I will play around with it for a while and save up some money.

Barcrest

Quote from: Oldsrulez on April 14, 2012, 12:30:07 AM
Unfortunately, it is 669.00 to buy the two items. Wow! Plus, on top of that is the jukebox software with the option to accept money. I guess I will play around with it for a while and save up some money.

Buy an ipac it's a much cheaper solution, or look at the matrix USB stackers.

Jukebox Stats...