Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Crossrender Plugin

Started by djmarkhill, January 17, 2012, 01:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djmarkhill

I've searched endlessly for the crossrender plugin Barcrest suggests for crossfading songs. I can't find it anywhere online. Does anyone know the link or page for it please?

Hitbig

Quote from: Barcrest on October 08, 2010, 12:58:23 PM
This one...

Download the plugin here.

Quote from: Barcrest on October 29, 2009, 11:22:02 AM
The plugin works fine as long as you don't use the progress bar to move through the song.

djmarkhill

fantastic thank you, When I install, what do i need to do next?

Barcrest

Quote from: djmarkhill on January 22, 2012, 08:50:26 AM
fantastic thank you, When I install, what do i need to do next?

You should notice if you skip a track that it will fade down and cross fade into the next one. You can then use the crossfade cutoff value to make it cut the song off X seconds befor ethe end to enhance the cross fade effect.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

djmarkhill

Ok, when I change the Crossfade Value it just cuts th song short.

Barcrest

Quote from: djmarkhill on March 11, 2012, 01:30:30 PM
Ok, when I change the Crossfade Value it just cuts th song short.

Does it fade the song out? If it just cuts short then the cross render plugin didn't install correctly.

Jukebox Stats...

djmarkhill

I've since read that it's not compatible with windows 7. Are there any other options?

Barcrest

Nothing I am aware of, sorry.

Have you tried this?

Open WMP12 (32-bit or 64-bit, doesn't matter)
    Go to "Now Playing"
    Open "Enhancements"
    Go to the "Crossfading/Auto Volume-Leveling tab"
    Turn crossfading on and adjust the bar to at least 5 seconds (10 is the best benchmark)
    Play a song (Note that you will need to wait till the end of the song to notice if the crossfading is working or not.)

If all is working correctly, your song should have begun to fade out 10 (or whatever you set it to) seconds before the end while simultaniously, the next song would fade in by 10 seconds allowing you to hear the ending of the current and the beginning of the new song at the same time. (Excuse the 2nd grade explanation, not everyone is as computer-literate as others...)

Jukebox Stats...

djmarkhill

Spot on, I'll give that a whirl :)

djmarkhill

Hi Barry

I've tried those things and still no fade. I consider myself to be quite techy and don't get the reason for this not working. I Install the plugin. I clicked on the register file, that succeeded. I turned on crossfade in WMP, set it to 10, Ialso toggled the crossfade in freebox on and off to see if that worked by using a value of 10 on the cutoff. ???

Barcrest

Looks like you will need to use XP for the plugin then or find another way of doing it for windows 7 sorry.

Jukebox Stats...