Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

master/terminal query

Started by happyhammer, July 23, 2007, 08:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyhammer

need a little pointer in getting this to work.

my Master pc is in the attic, i made a temp folder to test this out on the d: drive  ie d:\Music

The D drive is a shared drive. On the Terminal(client) networked PC, i might have the Masters D:drive mapped as drive Y:

What settings do i enter on the Master and terminal pc's? 

i tried a few options, something like d:\music on the master and y:\music on the terminal but no joy.
i saw there was some QUE files on the Master but they had y:\music in it, that don't look right.

thx 

Barcrest

On the master machine you need to share the folder freebox is installed in.
On the terminal machine you need to point to that folder. I use UNC names like \\jukebox\shared

NOTE: On both machines the library needs to built from the same drive letter. On my set up the master holds the music so i shared that drive and i mapped it on both master and terminal machines to M: and built the library there.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

happyhammer

sorry to be a pain, not there yet, only got the library path working as expected.

music library:
on a test pc (192.168.1.1) with just a c:\drive, i created a folder c:\music.  i then SUBST M: "c:\music" on the test pc. On the network PC i map drive M: \\192.168.1.1\music. So the music is in drive M in both pc's.

Freebox config:
installed freebox in default locations, on test PC created a share called "shared" for folder "c:\program files\freebox v2" . 
On test PC, selected Master and in the text box i have tried blank or c:\program files\freebox v2,
On network PC i have selected terminal and in the text box tried \\192.168.1.1\shared

What settings should i enter in the text boxes for Master and terminal?

thx.

Barcrest

I think it is because you are using the IP Address in the UNC path and it has to be the computer name. It also only matters on the terminal machine as the master always looks in the freebox directory.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...