Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Dual monitor problem

Started by LLUncoolJ, June 22, 2012, 12:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Is you screen resolution 1024x768? as this could be your problem
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

gfly3

Quote from: Barcrest on June 22, 2012, 10:22:02 AM
In the window settings make sure the second monitor (Non primary) is located to the left of the main monitor and the tops of the screens line up.

I overlooked this earlier...  I swapped them around and it fixed my problem, hope this helps ....
Always do sober what you said youd do drunk , that will teach you to keep your mouth shut ......

LLUncoolJ

OK, I used the 1024x768 skin...much better. It is left justified on the #2, which is a widescreen. Not the end of the world if I can find a visualization that looks good to fill that part in. It looks good enough that I think I can justify building a juke with 2 monitors. I look forward to getting the up next on that screen as well.

jukejohn

i messed around with the now playing screen and sort of got it near to what i wanted using the skin tool i removed the coming up next and resized the now playing cover and made the track text bigger and sort of looked near to what i wanted
what i would like if possible is moving text displaying track and then artist/band if possible but i didnt do this on default screen only sxxlxxs skin i also eperimented with single screen and it looked nice but you cant see fanart which didnt bother me but rotating/moving text would help big time to make more room for larger cover art on second small screen  :beer

LLUncoolJ

Hey guys, I finally upgraded to version 8.0.17. I hate upgrading software, always seems to give me problems. I am back to the original problems I referenced in this thread. I am not getting anything on screen #2 except a sliver on the left edge. Went through the thread and tried to fix it again. But I'm not really having any luck. Nothing else changed as far as hardware configuration or Windows settings. I just downloaded the latest version, installed it, and updated the data bases. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :(

Barcrest

It sounds like you don't have the monitors positioned correctly in the windows display settings.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

LLUncoolJ

Yeah, I've messed with this on and off for a while with no success. I usually just get frustrated and walk away. I've even gone to the point of trying to go back to a windows restore point before my upgrade, but that didn't work. So I'm stuck with no second screen. This is very frustrating because I didn't change anything in windows when I did the upgrade.  I can't see how upgrading the software would've changed the Windows display properties. I have gone through and played with the screen positions, but unlike the first time I set it up, nothing is working this time around.

nevbuster

Hi, I got exactly the same sliver on the edge. I haven't experimented around with my settings nearly as much as you have LL and will keep mucking around but when I considered going dual monitor no way did I expect it to be this hard ? I'll re-read this thread a couple of times and make sure I follow Barcrest's suggestions before I give up.

Nev.

LLUncoolJ

I finally uninstalled the latest and greatest and re-installed the earlier version I was using. Everything is working again. I'm not sure what all improvements were made that I will miss out on, but at least we are up and running again and I don't have to catch grief from my guests.