Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Not finding videos

Started by Bren, August 25, 2008, 04:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bren

I just have the trial version of V4 at the moment but i am having trouble with videos. Basically when i open the config & select the folder or disc they are in nothing shows up. They are in MKV format if that makes any difference at all.

eist1

I believe only .avi is fully supported... Try using some test .avi files and see if that works for you.

Barcrest

You need to tag them with the non mp3 tagger. Also MKV isn't actually supported yet. They will play but you have to rename them as AVI and they will need to be tagged witht he non mp3 tagger.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Bren

Thanks guys what non mp3 tagger do you suggest? AS the video player is windows media based if i had the correct codec would they play or do i just rename them .avi?

Bren

Also a quick question. How do i use mp3 tage & rename? I select the album & go to Amazon where it finds the info etc but does not rename the tracks for me.

d78

Quote from: Bren on August 26, 2008, 09:28:01 PM
Thanks guys what non mp3 tagger do you suggest? AS the video player is windows media based if i had the correct codec would they play or do i just rename them .avi?

The non mp3 tagger is a program included with freebox. You should already have it.

jacktucky

Quote from: Barcrest on August 26, 2008, 12:09:59 AM
You need to tag them with the non mp3 tagger. Also MKV isn't actually supported yet. They will play but you have to rename them as AVI and they will need to be tagged witht he non mp3 tagger.

Feature request!  Get the tagger to recognize other file extensions. ;D

Barcrest

I know it needs to recognise at least mkv can you think of any others? I need to totally recode that beta tagger and i am not looking forward to it.

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

VOB, MK4, M2V, M4U

Honestly, it's got some bugs but it works ok.  If you could add these extensions (and any others) it would be cool.

Barcrest

Quote from: jacktucky on September 02, 2008, 01:45:24 AM
VOB, MK4, M2V, M4U

Honestly, it's got some bugs but it works ok.  If you could add these extensions (and any others) it would be cool.

Dude i totally lost the source code so i have no choice but to code it again from the ground up.... I'm not happy about it.

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

Quote from: Barcrest on September 02, 2008, 10:13:30 AM
Quote from: jacktucky on September 02, 2008, 01:45:24 AM
VOB, MK4, M2V, M4U

Dude i totally lost the source code so i have no choice but to code it again from the ground up.... I'm not happy about it.

Ah :chad ;D :tommy :beer

Maybe we can do a hex editor thing like the "supporters" of SK Jukebox? :beer

Barcrest

Screw the hex editor i will recode it, lets face it more options in it would be nice.

Jukebox Stats...

justtaint

The four that jacktucky listed (VOB, MK4, M2V, M4U) plus TS and MP4(?).

Barcrest

I suppose coding this should be tonights exercise.

Jukebox Stats...