Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

idea for running on linux maybe??

Started by jonlewi5, August 07, 2007, 10:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonlewi5

hi i am new to this but have been reading through some posts here,

i noticed a few people wanted this to run on linux, well i have been thinking about getting a way to do this, at the moment all i can think of is this

a customized version of either slax or puppy os, either can be run as a live cd, i know that puppy os can also be run from a memory card or anything really, which includes the WINE emulater (a windows emulater) and run it through that

also some people are coding a variant of vb.net to linux, that means that this could MAYBE converted to .net then run using the library in windows

just a thought, i may look into both of these and see if i can help any of you guys, btw ill be starting to build my jukebox soon, gunna test out some software first and get an entire soloution working,

EDIT

just started researching puppy os, and found this, its a version of puppy os with WINE already on it

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=20548

TeamTEOR

Have you tried this out since? I would much rather use an Open source OS for my Juke Cab project.

Barcrest

I doubt it will work on anything other than windows as the music is played using activemovie in V3 and in V4 it needs media player.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spacefractal

I guess these component should been high prioity to get working in Wine.

Otherwice there exists some "BOYAC" combatible JB software to Linux. My self I have ported my own cabinet freidly Jukebox Software to Linux (recently added a touchscreen skin).

Since its a competer software to Freebox, I guess I should not write here. I also respect other author work of jukebox software as well and thier hard work ;D.

Barcrest

Space fractal is right, his software is probably your best option for running on linux.  :beer

Jukebox Stats...

spacefractal

ok, since you wrote here Barcrest, here is the link: http://www.multijuke.com. Yes I known it might not have all features of Freebox, but it was never dedicated to clone that (even I have added TouchScreen GUI recently).

Plans to support Plugins in V4? (sorry this offtypoic). Im are soon finish to make my second one, which is a webinfo, like that one you allready use in Freebox. I guess that job would been very good create as a plugin.

Barcrest

The plugin stuff is in V4 partially i just havn't progressed with it for a while.

Jukebox Stats...