Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Touch Screens going cheap!!!!! not long left

Started by craiglincs, January 31, 2008, 08:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craiglincs

Barcrest

Those should run freebox no problems, nice find and a nice price. I see it ended with him having 9 left you might want to contact him to see if he has more to sell. I used something simular but it was a PIII 700mhz and it worked perfectly ok.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

craiglincs

I contacted him, the spec I got was as follows

Celeron 2.4ghz 256 ram, 40gig HDD

He has 180 left! lol

squirrellydw

Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

That spec is perfectly fine, however you might want to upgrade the ram to 512mb. I think i was running 128mb in my p700 and it worked so 256 would work. It's just XP likes 512mb to run smoothly really.

Jukebox Stats...

craiglincs

There are more on ebay again! ..... search for "DVE Touch screen"

The inners have a MTE PC700 motherboard, they run on pc266 (2100 or 2700) RAM and support up to 2GB

The HDD is a standard sized IDE device, these do not have CD rom drives but have a spare IDE port for one.

They also support one PCI devide (low profile) or 2 PCI with an expansion card for use with an external display or TV out, they also have a standard VGA out port on them if you want a direct copy of monitor 1 as your output.

I have just loaded tinyxp on it and freebox runs like a dream with the 256, I set the TinyXP mode to Hardcore, which when booted is only using 50MB of RAM! and i still have access to networking etc

All in all i'm well happy with it!

Drivers were a bit of a pain but I now have a full suite.

Oh.... and to make things even better..... they have a 2 channel amp built into the board, this is currently rigged up to 2 small cones inside the unit, the sounds fairly good but with bigger speakers would be far better!

If i could applaud myself I would lol!..... i'll have to settle for treating myself to a few beers and watching England tonight! hehe

Barcrest

I am hopefully getting a room tonight. No internet access there though however i will be able to set up my PC at least.

Jukebox Stats...

hunty3000

i brought one of these pc's about a month ago. i went to put it together today a notice that ive lost a cable. does anyone have the pinouts from the 4way ribbon cable of the touchscreen to the board that it goes to. any help would be appreceated

hunty3000

Barcrest

Damn he is selling these for £150 each now, i should have got on board earlier  :tommy

Jukebox Stats...