Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Need program to automatically create subfolders for Artist/Album for songs

Started by bzpilot, February 28, 2008, 06:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzpilot

I have been looking for an easy way to move a few hundred individual songs sitting in a single directory to the Artist/Album subforder structure.  I've looked around and really haven't come across a good (easy way to do this).  All of my full albums are in this structure, just some individual songs are not - and in order to get the cover art to work correctly (after I extract it) I will need to do this. Thanks.

Is there any possibility in the future that Freebox will be able to use embeded album art?

Thatoneguydavid

FixTunes will organize all of your songs in to several structures including

/artist/song_file.mp3
/artist/album/song_file.mp3

http://www.fixtunes.com

its only 25 bucks and you can put it on 5 computers.
its pretty powerful too.

one thing to look out for is live recordings that you have named yourself.  i have a ton of live recordings and it tried to changed their tags to various albums.  and a few got buy me so every once in a while a live version pops up when it should be the album version.

Orc

Just thought I would give that program  a whirl...

It might be good for dir structures, but I tried it on my complete mess of singles folder to see if it could do what it claimed and tag even mispelled or badly tagged files and it only managed to identify 9 out of 505 files....

Looks like I'll have to manually tag em....If I can be arsed that is....Seeing as I don't include them in the Jukebox anyway..........

Just thought if the proggy could do it I would include them....

Thatoneguydavid

sorry dude,  it rocked my singles folder?  good luck tagging. 

oh by the way you should remove all id3 cover art  Freebox doesn't like it.  mine would freeze up half way some songs and would not play others.  an easy way of doing that is shockingly itunes.

select all songs -get info - delete art work

this took about 2 hrs for 3000 songs (i had all art work in the id3 tags d'oh!)

bzpilot

Quote from: Thatoneguydavid on February 28, 2008, 07:41:42 PM
FixTunes will organize all of your songs in to several structures including

/artist/song_file.mp3
/artist/album/song_file.mp3

http://www.fixtunes.com

its only 25 bucks and you can put it on 5 computers.
its pretty powerful too.

one thing to look out for is live recordings that you have named yourself.  i have a ton of live recordings and it tried to changed their tags to various albums.  and a few got buy me so every once in a while a live version pops up when it should be the album version.

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed.  I wasn't looking forward to doing it manually - this saved me a couple days of my life!

Barcrest

Orc, you can try musicip to fix your tags first. Then use that program to organise them.... Music IP has a free download that tags them based on the file checking against a huge database. It sorted out a load of untagged stuff for me that i couldn't be bothered to tag. I only had to go through and fix up a few. Obviously some it completly didn't tag. It did do a huge chunk though andyou just run it and wait so it's ideal for leaving over night.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Orc