Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

On board.....

Started by nuggets3, March 17, 2008, 11:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuggets3

i have had my juke up and running for a couple years now ~ started with VMJ, then to PC jukebox...... then when i saw the black and blue skin i reallized how far freebox has come and decided it was time to make the switch.  looks like a very supportive forum as well.

one question ~ i donated today ~ is there anything i have to do to get my account upgraded?

thanks and i look forward to learning a lot from all of you

Orc

Nope....

When Barry gets the donation, he will upgrade your account and you will see a "V3 Private Releases" category in the forums...

It might take a bit longer than normal, because he is having a few probs with internet access at the mo..

But believe me it's worth the wait....If there is one that is...

nuggets3

great that was quick ~ thanks

however, i'm having a problem.

there seems to be certain mp3's that will not play in freebox.  i was hoping it was only a few albums but it seems to be pretty widespread throughout my collection.  i read that there might be a problem with embedded art but i have checked this out and this doesn't seem to be the iddue for me.  i have noticed that 320kbs seems to be the bitrate for some but not all the non-playing mp3's.  any recommendations would be great ~ i love the program so far ~ but don't want to have to go back and re-rip thousands of songs either.

help please

thanks

eist1

Check to see if they are VBR, as Freebox has been known to have issues with these.... Welcome to the forum...

Barcrest

If you want to drop me a mail, i can help you out....
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fat-johnny

Quote from: nuggets3 on March 18, 2008, 04:13:11 AM
there seems to be certain mp3's that will not play in freebox. 

help please

thanks
Welcome to Freebox.  I was in the same boat, started years ago with VMJ, then moved to TPCJB, but now I am loving life with Freebox.  This little hobby sure has come a long way!

I had the same issue, with certain songs not playing and such.  Not only that, the songs that did play sounded garbled or muffled.  I posted here, and the nice folks here gave me the answer right away.

To fix everything, try downloading and installing a K-lite codec pack.  It seems that different MP3's of mine were ripped/encoded using different encoders (LAME, etc.) and some of them would not play at all using whatever engine Freebox uses.  After I installed the codec pack, everything plays fine.

Do a Google search for "K-Lite codec pack", and download the latest one you can find,
FJ

Barcrest

Yuo can find the latest K-Lite codec pack posted over on betanews. I had forgotten about that.... So busy/stressed right now.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

nuggets3

everything is working great!  i'm here to stay :)