Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

how do you shell freebox?

Started by Shaggydo, December 27, 2009, 08:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggydo

im trying to shell freebox for  a dedicated jukebox so far i have tried instantsheller, but somehow freebox becomes slow, so i was wondering how do freebox users shell freebox, thanks for any help.

Barcrest

i just put the shortcut in the startup folder.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Do as Barry suggested or you can make a batch file then convert it to an .exe file for instantsheller as the boot exe file.

make the batch file something like this:

Then use a program called bat to exe to convert the batch file to an executable file.

Download the bat to exe here ----->www.ppcomponents.com/jukebox/Bat_To_Exe_Converter.zip

Then run instantsheller then make the new exe file you made from bat to exe as the new boot file and it should boot up E-Touch as well as anything else you may need to boot up upon start up. Like the ELO touchscreen drivers.

Fordman

Shaggydo

Quote from: fordman on December 28, 2009, 02:52:48 AM
Do as Barry suggested or you can make a batch file then convert it to an .exe file for instantsheller as the boot exe file.

make the batch file something like this:

Then use a program called bat to exe to convert the batch file to an executable file.

Download the bat to exe here ----->www.ppcomponents.com/jukebox/Bat_To_Exe_Converter.zip

Then run instantsheller then make the new exe file you made from bat to exe as the new boot file and it should boot up E-Touch as well as anything else you may need to boot up upon start up. Like the ELO touchscreen drivers.

Fordman
using instant sheller or a bat  to exe converter its not a problem , the problem  resides in freebox, if i shell freebox with instant sheller somehow i get a buggy freebox, where songs take up to 5 seconds to start, butons stop responding, but if i run freebox in windows normal mode, then i get a perfectly running freebox...

fordman

I have mine shelled using instant sheller using the .bat file above and I dont see any noticable difference with how E-Touch operates. Do you have XP updated with all the updates? Are you using 'ahem' a legal copy with the ability to update? I did have tinyxp and XPLite on a few machines and they did seem to have some issues with the E-touch operates.

Just some thoughts!

Fordman

Shaggydo

Quote from: fordman on December 29, 2009, 12:00:27 AM
I have mine shelled using instant sheller using the .bat file above and I dont see any noticable difference with how E-Touch operates. Do you have XP updated with all the updates? Are you using 'ahem' a legal copy with the ability to update? I did have tinyxp and XPLite on a few machines and they did seem to have some issues with the E-touch operates.

Just some thoughts!

Fordman
i got legal xp , and i sttarting to believe it has to do somenthing with this shitti hard drives im buying,they seem to be rebuilded hard drives.... some work ok some have issues....

Barcrest

Well it prefers WMP 11 so that might be an issue if you can't update it.

Jukebox Stats...

fordman

Are the hard drives IDE or SATA? The IDE drives have a noticable difference with the way E-Touch works, as alot of other programs as IDE are the equivilent to USB 1.0 and SATA is USB 2.0. A very noticable difference in speed and performance. Also, if they are rebuilt or refurbished, you have to wonder what happened to them to make them 'refurbished'!

Fordman

Shaggydo

I might try some sata hard drives from now on, and i didnt knew i needed mp11, thanks for your help guys.

Barcrest

Quote from: abispac on January 02, 2010, 08:59:09 PM
I might try some sata hard drives from now on, and i didnt knew i needed mp11, thanks for your help guys.

It will work with 10 but it was designed around WMP11

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

By the way, how do you guys call your touchscreen drivers, if i use instantsheller i do not get the touchscreen to work i have to call explorer then it will load drivers, im still having an issue with that.

Barcrest

Quote from: abispac on January 04, 2010, 10:03:03 PM
By the way, how do you guys call your touchscreen drivers, if i use instantsheller i do not get the touchscreen to work i have to call explorer then it will load drivers, im still having an issue with that.

use msconfig and see what loads up on xp start for the touchscreen drivers. Add that to your bat file t load before freebox and you should be good to go.

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Quote from: Barcrest on January 04, 2010, 11:52:21 PM
Quote from: abispac on January 04, 2010, 10:03:03 PM

use msconfig and see what loads up on xp start for the touchscreen drivers. Add that to your bat file t load before freebox and you should be good to go.
good point, thanks for the tip....