Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Music Videos & Bug Report

Started by Mark Norville, August 28, 2015, 12:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Yeah I have no problems in creating the tag files you can do those by hand, or export using mp3 tag, but the artist is not populating as you can see by the picture. It will populate however when you come to the select or reject screen.

The config 9 is not populating when using a tag file.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Is the media in the root of where you are trying to build the library?

If the folder is as such...

C:\Videos\Testvideo\testvideo.avi

Then build the library on C:\Videos\ not C:\Videos\Testvideo\

Does it return everything then? You don't want any media in the folder you are starting the generate process from so in the example you don't want media in C:\Videos\ just sub folders.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

On my test/skinning computer the file structure is as such :

software

C:\Home Entertainment\Music\Music Software\E-Touch Jukebox 9

media

C:\TEST Video Jukebox\Pop Music\One Direction - Drag Me Down

I will add a bit more to this a bit later on, break time for me as sun gets too unbearable at 5pm sitting at the computer roll on winter lol
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

Still not sure what you are doing wrong. This is under coffees latest skin but get a similar view in touch genie.

Mark Norville

LoL  I wonder where Coffee stole that design from lol it seems to look familiar from another software I have ;) What version of eTouch are you using?

Mark Norville

I have sort of sorted the problem out my jukebox PC shows both artist and song title on screen, my test computer is still having problems. It is now showing the artist but not the song title. I so glad you put a warning to use this program at your own risk as I am losing my hair fast when something so simple is so complicated lol

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 03, 2015, 10:39:04 AM
I have sort of sorted the problem out my jukebox PC shows both artist and song title on screen, my test computer is still having problems. It is now showing the artist but not the song title. I so glad you put a warning to use this program at your own risk as I am losing my hair fast when something so simple is so complicated lol

But it shouldn't be, those tag files were one of the first things implemented about 10 years ago and you are the first person to ever have an issue with them. Maybe a lot of people are not using video and as such it has taken this long for the issue to arise but I know plenty are using videos without a hitch.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I know it shouldn't be but it just does for some reason lol I have had a love hate relationship with eTouch for years it just doesn't seem to like mass importing at least not for music videos anyway, the tag system works well regarding MP3's but then you get a couple of dodgy albums on all systems that throws a spanner into the works. I have MP3's that should be perfect as I do them all in the same way, but when you import into a system suddenly something doesn't seem right.

Like for example I had a problem with one album for eTouch, but two other programs never had a problem importing into, yet I can import something into eTouch and not have a problem, but then on another software it shows as two albums.

In some respects this is more like a full time job rather than a hobby trying to create a home entertainment network. I don't mind doing movies I can sit all day doing those, but I hate MP3's with a passion, it is so long winded.