Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Couple questions

Started by mr_doles, November 01, 2009, 11:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_doles

First off let me preface this with this program rocks.  I am still in the testing phase and waiting on my touch screen so I am still using the demo version (V5.00.22) but will upgrading when everything is ready and working.

I think these 2 bugs have been reported:
1) 1027 x 768 full screens on load goes full screen then shrinks to a small black box for ~4 seconds then goes full screen.
2) Using animated covers if you scroll past the first page or past the last the selections and scroll bar disappear.

Here is my problem that I need help with:
When I filter on any category I get duplicate albums.  For example as you can see in the attached I have 4 albums labeled as Techno when I filter by genre I am getting duplicate albums.  This is the same with artist and year.  As you can see in the artist filter it is not even the same number of duplicates.  This happens with all albums I just used The Prodigy since there were only 4 albums.

Feature request (or show me how to do it now)
Is there a way to order the albums by year rather then alphabetical without adding the year to the folder name?  I know adding the year to the folder works but it would take forever and a day to make that change across the board.  Also it adds even more albums to the filter issue stated above.

mr_doles

OK looks like when you delete the records info to regenerate the library you also need to delete the Years, Genre, and Artist library as well, makes sense.  Here is where I am confused.  I delete everything and generate new library, filter looks good.  I exit out run config 4 and update library, filter is messed up.  OK maybe updating with no changes is bad.   I delete everything and generate new library, filter looks good.  I exit out, add new music run config 4 and update library, filter is messed up and my new music is not even included in the filter.  OK how about I just delete the Years, Genre, and Artist library and run update.  Even worse, there is now only 1 album in each genre, and artist library, oddly enough I think year is correct.  I am so lost...help.

I did find in my testing that you have to exit out of the config 4 application after running the generate library or the update library.  If you run Update twice in a row you get an error and your library gets all messed up.  One time all my all my albums we all out of order.

bzpilot

If you run the config manually you need to exit out and restart after each run.  So once you runit for music, exit out, open back up run for video, exit back out, open for karaoke, exit out and run E-Touch.

The update process also works in a command line mode.

Save what is between the ****'s as a .bat file adjust your E-Touch directory's and your Music Library directories to what matches your own computer.  These .bat files MUST reside in the E-Touch directory, you can create a short cut to batch file and place it somewhere else, but the .bat file itself must be in the main E-Touch directory:

I personally don't have any Karaoke currently but you can figure out from the examples how it would work.  Also the new and update options are by personal preference.  Just do a little looking around the forum to see what options there are.

Clear Music and Videos.bat (this will give you a clean start) -
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\records.bak"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\records.cvr"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\records.rec"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\records.rex"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Artists"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Genres"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Years"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\videos.bak"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\videos.cvr"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\videos.rec"/Q /S >nul
del "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\videos.rex"/Q /S >nul
Exit

E-Touch - New.bat (this will get you started from a clean install) -
START /WAIT "" "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\config 4.exe" /DEFAULT /DRIVE E:\Music /ARTIST /GENRE /YEARS /NEW Records
START /WAIT "" "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\config 4.exe" /DEFAULT /DRIVE E:\Videos /ARTIST /GENRE /YEARS /LAUNCH /NEW Videos
Exit

E-Touch - Update.bat (this will update your library) -
START /WAIT "" "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\config 4.exe" /DEFAULT /DRIVE E:\Videos /ARTIST /GENRE /YEARS /UPDATE Videos
START /WAIT "" "C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\config 4.exe" /DEFAULT /DRIVE E:\Music /ARTIST /GENRE /YEARS /LAUNCH /UPDATE Records
Exit

The second two batch files here will run automatically through the whole process and then load E-Touch after.  If you are only running audio at this time just eliminate the lines that reference videos.

Play around with it and if you need more help stop back.

If you are unfamiliar with batch files here are the actual files I use in a .zip file if that helps (just save the files to your E-Touch directory):

http://www.abodeplus.com/jukebox/batchfiles.zip

mr_doles

I do know how to use a batch file and that makes it easier to test with but it still does not fix the filter problem.
1) Ran Clear Music and Videos.bat - ran E-Touch and everything was gone as it should be.
2) Ran New.bat - ran E-Touch and everything was back and filters looked good. See Pic #1 (before.jpg)
3) Ran update.bat - ran E-Touch and filter was messed up.  See Pic #2 (after.jpg)

fordman

Barry is aware of the issue with creating duplicates in the Filters when using the UPDATE feature. This is a known issue and he hasnt been able to squash the bug yet.

So, I just create new databases everytime I add music.

:beer

Fordman

bzpilot

Quote from: fordman on November 02, 2009, 03:12:35 AM
Barry is aware of the issue with creating duplicates in the Filters when using the UPDATE feature. This is a known issue and he hasnt been able to squash the bug yet.

So, I just create new databases everytime I add music.

:beer

Fordman

I'll go back and check and do some testing, but as far as I know it's been fixed for a few weeks now.

Hmmm.... it appears your right I'm showing duplicates running the update.  Seems to be happening with Artist, Genre and Year Filters and as of now i would call it "random" because it isn't happening on all.  I would have sworn this had been fixed at like 5.00.18B, but if it was it surely isn't now.

So for now just use the New option and use a batch file to clear everything before each time you run it.

mr_doles

Cool at least I know it is something that I am doing wrong.  Keep up the great work...of to do more setup.

Barcrest

I thought this was fixed, i will definatley check this out and see if i can work out what is actually happening with it. I will also look at clearing evertyhing after an update or generate action has been performed so the config doesn't need to be exited. I really hate working on the config but I need to at least fix the update bug.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

bzpilot

Quote from: Barcrest on November 02, 2009, 03:42:20 PM
I thought this was fixed, i will definatley check this out and see if i can work out what is actually happening with it. I will also look at clearing evertyhing after an update or generate action has been performed so the config doesn't need to be exited. I really hate working on the config but I need to at least fix the update bug.

I'm almost positive it was working fine back at like 18B.  That version fixed the year duplicates issue and that was the only problem left at the time.  Must have been something between then and now that broke it.

Barcrest

Don't think i made any real changes unless it was the change i made to speed up the decades. Hmmm, yeah i guess it was cause i now sort tracks alphabetically in the REC file to speed up decades that might be happening before the genre creation although i don't think it would because the cov file would be wrong... Hmm i will have to work through this.

Jukebox Stats...

mr_doles

FYI...
Ran home at lunch time to check and there are no duplicates in the filter for BY YEAR, just BY ARTIST and BY GENERE.

Barcrest

Probably need to spend less time in the pub really and more fixing things.. i'll get onto it.

Jukebox Stats...