Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

V4 WMP Visilizations Bug!! I think???

Started by robzifer, May 08, 2008, 03:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robzifer

Ok here is my problem...I have freebox V4 running fine when the WMP visualizations is set to "Alchemy Random" but if i change the visualizations to be ANYTHING else such as scope or bars and waves" it makes the "now playing" counter skip seconds on the main display screen in freebox.... The visualizations also are very jumpy and freeze often on the now playing screen.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I know it is not a software issue since i just reformated my hard drive and did a clean install of XP pro .....

Barcrest

What version of WMP are you using, ideally you need 11. How do the visualisations run in WMP without freebox? I have tried a few different visualisations without any issues.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

robzifer

yes i am running WMP 11 and have tried the visulizations in WMP alone without issue....not sure..might just be my computer...its a 1.2GHZ 1 gig or ram with onboard video and sound

robzifer

So does anyone elese have this issue? I really like the scope vis but cant use it due to this issue....im out of ideas...did a clean install of xp with all updates and still no luck....works fine in wmp though..just not in V4

Barcrest

I can't emulate this dude so i can't really offer much advice. Does it do it with other visualisations? I don't know what to suggest.

Jukebox Stats...

robzifer

yeah it does it with all visualizations except when it is on Alchemy Random..that one works fine

robzifer

well i dont know what happend..but everything is working perfect now...i didnt even change anything...strange

dbeeks1

Sorry to dig up an old topic -

I ran into this same issue last night.   I installed a new video card and the viz in Freebox was working fine.  I changed a few settings in the ATI Catalyst Control Center and the display wasn't any different so I set all video settings back to default.  After doing this, the viz in Freebox and play progress were doing exactly as described above. 

The player progress plays for 1 second, jumps 2 seconds, plays a second and jumps 2 seconds for the whole song.  The viz follows that pattern, freezing during the 2 second jump.

WMP viz is fine in WMP.  I did a fresh install of Freebox 4.019 and no change.  Hopefully it just goes away like it did for robzifer.
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."

Barcrest

it is clearly linked to the screen drivers and the vis. Might be direct X Related. Turn off the vis and it stop stalling it's the vis and your screen drivers at fault here.

Jukebox Stats...

dbeeks1

I uninstalled the display driver as well as all of the ATI software and then reinstalled just the driver.  No change.  Then I turned down the hardware acceleration a notch in the Windows display properties.  Bingo!  All is well again.  I think I'll just leave it at that.
Thanks for setting me straight Barry.  :beer
"Turn the jukebox up," he said dancing in irreverance, "Play C-3 let the song protest."

Barcrest

It is an odd one but at least you worked it out.

Jukebox Stats...