Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Credit Module / Win7 Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

Started by typhoon411, April 12, 2012, 08:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

typhoon411

Hello all,

I'm racking my brain over here. I'm trying to get the creditmodule.exe to fire and everytime I run it I get an error of Run-time error '13': Type mismatch any thoughts here? I have Dot Net Framework 4.0 installed running windows 7 and V7.0.28.

I have a few Matrix USB Bill Acceptors and I'm trying to document the configuration of the Bill acceptors so that I can create a sticky for the rest of the community.

Any help anyone could provide would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks!
Joe

coffee

Did you install E-Touch in your program files folder? If so install to a root folder, Example: C:\E-Touch Jukebox 6 .

typhoon411

Ok gotcha. So I just uninstalled V7.0.28. (manually deleted c:\Programs Files\E-Touch Jukebox 7) and reinstalled to "C:\E-Touch Jukebox 7"

Same Error  :( 

I verified that I have Dot Net Framework v4.0 installed (assuming that matters)

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks in advance Coffee! I scowered the forums, didn't see anything obvious.

coffee

Try to run the creditmodule as administrator. Also try to install another version of E-Touch.

I'm pretty sure I had the same problem but I can't remember what caused it.

Barcrest

You need to run it as administrator, i don't use windows 7 but i know that you will have issues if it isn't run as administrator.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

typhoon411

I'm logged in as administrator and when I launched creditmodule.exe I tried right-clicking and choosing "run as administrator" and I'm getting the same result.

I also tried uninstalled and reinstalling into "C:\E-Touch Jukebox 7" with no dice.

as mentioned I'm running the latest version of Freebox. I'll try this version on another PC and if that doesn't work I'll go drink a few beers and do it all over again... Lol...

typhoon411

I went and did a free install on a new PC and it worked. I didn't have to install dot net framework. The only two differences I see are as follows:

1. The first system was Win 7 64bit, the second system was Win 7 32 bit.
2. I did the install by clicking "Run as Administrator" Not sure if this had a difference or not.

I'm going to get working on the documentation for the credit module this weekend. I'll start a second thread with pointed questions around that.

Thanks,
Joe

Oldsrulez

Quote from: typhoon411 on April 13, 2012, 09:11:27 PM
I went and did a free install on a new PC and it worked. I didn't have to install dot net framework. The only two differences I see are as follows:

1. The first system was Win 7 64bit, the second system was Win 7 32 bit.
2. I did the install by clicking "Run as Administrator" Not sure if this had a difference or not.

Just for testing purposes, I ran the credit module on mine. I have Win7 Pro X64. I did not get any errors. Couldn't find a way to get out of the module tho, so hit alt-f4.

Barcrest

Yes it is not designed to be shutdown, e-touch should close it when you shutdown the app.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...