Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Any Recommendations?

Started by urbecrisch, April 07, 2013, 04:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

I am already a Tag & Rename user but I'm looking for some advise to rename my entire music folder collection.  Here's what I want to do:

Presently I have my music folder set up like:

F:/My Music/ARTIST/ALBUM NAME

but I want to have it renamed to this:

F:/My Music/ARTIST - NAME OF ALBUM

So for example I have a main folder with each artist and then when you open that particular artist folder each individual album is in a folder with it's songs and images.

What I want to know if there's a batch program out there that I can run a command to rename my albums to have the artist in the title, followed by the name of the album from this:

Doves
      Kindom of Rust
      Lost Souls
      Some Cities
      The Last Broadcast

to this:

Doves - Kindom of Rust
Doves - Lost Souls
Doves - Some Cities
Doves - The Last Broadcast

I hope this makes sense.

I don't want to have to rename every album I have by hand if I can help it.  Let me know if you have any suggestions for me or know of a program that can do that for me.  I cannot figure out if Tag & Rename can do it for me.

Barcrest

You can do it in tag & rename but i am not 100% sure on the syntax (I think %6 - %3\%6 - %2 might be what you want). I only posted to point out that if you are doing this you will also want to make sure the actual mp3's are named with the track number 1st.

E.G.

01-first track.mp3
02-second track.mp3

This means they show up in the correct order in e-touch on the track listing screen.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Hopefully it will work cause it would definitely save me time.

urbecrisch

I was able to rename all my subfolders quickly using bulkname utility freeware.  It definitely saved me some time.  I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can copy or move only subfolders from my music folder.  For example, before my music folder looked like this:

Doves/
      Kindom of Rust
      Lost Souls
      Some Cities
      The Last Broadcast

And now it looks like this:

Doves/
Doves - Kindom of Rust
Doves - Lost Souls
Doves - Some Cities
Doves - The Last Broadcast

Anyone know how I can move only the subfolders out?  Looking for a batch-like program so I can set it and come back later after all subfolders have been moved out of their main folders.

Any suggestions?