Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

touchtunes gen2

Started by vinnieb57, February 18, 2010, 07:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinnieb57

I,m new to all of this and I have bought a touchtunes gen2 with hardndrive and touchtunes central is any way to freebox software on this touchtune pc? ???

caesar

Hello,
  I don't think your dealing with a common retail PC OS. From my little knowledge of the device, I believe the selected music was spooled through a network. I think your going to have trouble loading an OS like Windows. I'm betting that touchtunes are not going to give you the motherboard drivers either.
   With the exception of the touch-screen, It may be easier to just gutt out the entire system, and install an older recycled PC. :)

How about some pics of the Gen2. I don't get to see many of those on the inside...

Good Luck...

Barcrest

AFAIK it runs on linux, would be nice to have a look at the HD and see what images were on there.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Pinball

I looked at the song files on commercial download boxes like those before. They were MP3 files, but when you tried to click on them or open them w/ WMP , you would get an open error.   I guess that was the DRM protection software at work.

Barcrest

Quote from: Pinball on April 01, 2010, 12:41:08 AM
I looked at the song files on commercial download boxes like those before. They were MP3 files, but when you tried to click on them or open them w/ WMP , you would get an open error.   I guess that was the DRM protection software at work.

It's not the song i'm interested in, more the artwork for the skin ;)
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...